News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2016, 08:01:38 AM
I guess they want to prevent a situation where a governor of a sector builds something and then it fucks up your global empire's resource availability - so it means they can only use a resource from their own sector.

You should have the choice whether to subsidize them. It doesn't have to be automatic.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

I agree that strategic resources should be across the entire empire - in part that is why if I build up a potential sector (capital) to have a lot of power, etc. I don't need to find a special Betharian stone planted to gerrymander into the sector when it is declared.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

On Paradox forum, someone is complaining about a bug where members of a xenophobic, collectivist race migrate to an individualistic, xenophile empire that signed open migration treaty with its neighbours, only to immediately grow unhappy and join a rebellious faction that is blowing up buildings.  :hmm:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on June 08, 2016, 03:03:29 AM
On Paradox forum, someone is complaining about a bug where members of a xenophobic, collectivist race migrate to an individualistic, xenophile empire that signed open migration treaty with its neighbours, only to immediately grow unhappy and join a rebellious faction that is blowing up buildings.  :hmm:

realistic *wink nudge*

Martinus

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

My human Empire is neither xenophobic nor xenophilic. We welcome all races as long as they are willing to work mines and fields for the glory of the Phoenix Throne.  :ph34r:

Martinus

By the way I decided the smallest maps are the ones I want to play. It's not different than all my Civ and Civ clones games - I hate having too many colonies to manage.

Zanza

Not sure if the smallest is the right size, but there doesn't seem to be a single mechanism that actually scales with map size. You have a fixed number of core planets, you always need the same number of aliens to found a federation etc.

Barrister

So playing again as the xenophobic Commonwealth of Man.  Very quickly DOWed the first species I came across.  They had two planets colonized in the same system.  TO my surprise they surrendered after I had wiped out their fleets, but before I had actually conquered either planet (and in fact one invasion had been beaten off).

So I promptly enslave them all, because that seems like what you should do - but I still have to worry about slave happiness?  Hmm... how do I do manage that?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

No. Slave happiness is irrelevant as they currently can't revolt.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

I like to put my enslaved xenos into dedicated mining sectors until I can terraform their planets to my species' liking. Then I resettle 1 of my pops on the planetary capital tile and purge the rest. The emperor protects.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on June 08, 2016, 02:30:23 PM
I like to put my enslaved xenos into dedicated mining sectors until I can terraform their planets to my species' liking. Then I resettle 1 of my pops on the planetary capital tile and purge the rest. The emperor protects.

That was my tactics as well... until all the remaining xenos allied against me and the nearby fallen empire decided to wipe me out.

celedhring

I keep specialized gulag planets where I resettle pops scheduled for purging, in small batches. Slows down the process, but makes it safer.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on June 08, 2016, 04:22:37 PM
I keep specialized gulag planets where I resettle pops scheduled for purging, in small batches. Slows down the process, but makes it safer.

This game is so evil.  :lol: