News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Zanza on June 07, 2016, 10:57:03 AM
That would make more sense with asymmetric galaxy maps. As it is, not knowing where the stars are would not matter much as they follow a certain distribution.

True - and that was another thing I am hoping they add in an expansion....

Give me some "terrain"!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

That would make more sense with asymmetric galaxy maps. As it is, not knowing where the stars are would not matter much as they follow a certain distribution.

Well if you currently on the edge of an elliptical map, you already know from moment one that you've a side that you don't need to worry about as much (no need to rush and explore it as there isn't anything there). Would be interesting to be more CIV-like where you don't know where you are placed at start.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2016, 11:13:58 AM

Well if you currently on the edge of an elliptical map, you already know from moment one that you've a side that you don't need to worry about as much (no need to rush and explore it as there isn't anything there). Would be interesting to be more CIV-like where you don't know where you are placed at start.

That's actually a good idea. Maybe make it an option - so you only see the systems in your range and the ones you have surveyed.

Berkut

Would love to have a contained map as well, where it raps around each side...

0 rows returned

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2016, 11:13:58 AM

True, that would make a difference.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on June 07, 2016, 11:23:28 AM

But that (as well as the blank map) doesn't fit the setting.  We already know in 2016 that our galaxy is a spiral, and where we are located within it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

A mix of the 2?

We know where some stars are but that doesn't mean there isn't other stars around those that we just haven't "seen".
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2016, 12:16:05 PM

But that (as well as the blank map) doesn't fit the setting.  We already know in 2016 that our galaxy is a spiral, and where we are located within it.

And we also know there about 400 billion stars in that setting.

So I think we can safely assume that in fact the "setting" doesn't fit already.

0 rows returned

garbon

One thing I would definitely get rid of is how you learn about all the systems controlled by another empire when you first discover the empire.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2016, 12:16:05 PM

There is a Quadloo-Tachyon negative dark energy field around the Solar system which distorts the electromagnetic waves that are received by our telescopes and gives us a false impression of how the universe looks like. That's also why the wormhole ship didn't work out as planned. You have now figured this out, but the result is that only exploration ships outside the Solar system can see the universe as it really is.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2016, 12:58:45 PM
One thing I would definitely get rid of is how you learn about all the systems controlled by another empire when you first discover the empire.
That's based on a tech and is rather silly. You can see details of the system as long as it is in the other empire's border but if the border moves in your favor and it is now your system, you have to send in your survey ships.  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on June 07, 2016, 01:00:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2016, 12:58:45 PM
That's based on a tech and is rather silly. You can see details of the system as long as it is in the other empire's border but if the border moves in your favor and it is now your system, you have to send in your survey ships.  :huh:

I thought tech just revealed details of resources in system? I don't know though as I always research that one tech quickly for the border expansion.

HVC

I used to go without allies so that I could grab more land myself, but in the new patch I seem to get attacked more often so I find myself needing to ally myself
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

How does allying with yourself help? :hmm:

HVC

Don't underestimate imaginary friends!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.