News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I tried playing the RPG (and got the books) but couldn't find players.

Right now, Empress Theodora Hawkwood rules from Byzantium Secundus (she is the fourth monarch since the game started). I created two sectors, named after the Houses they were given to - Decados and Li Halan - and renamed the governors by giving them family names of those houses. :nerd:

I hope they flesh out factions in one of the DLCs, so they are more suited for different governments (so you have, say, noble houses in monarchies etc.)

Grey Fox

I think my game is over.
I have had total fleet power of 95k & I took on a Fallen Empire just to see how I would do. I destroyed their 115k fleet with losing only 20k of my strength and now my power has risen to 110k thanks to the FE tech. My late-game crisis, the scourge, has already been destroyed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

My game is also lagging pretty bad now that I'm getting into the late game on a 1000 star map. Maybe I should look into getting a new rig now.  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 04, 2016, 08:08:10 PM
I think my game is over.
I have had total fleet power of 95k & I took on a Fallen Empire just to see how I would do. I destroyed their 115k fleet with losing only 20k of my strength and now my power has risen to 110k thanks to the FE tech. My late-game crisis, the scourge, has already been destroyed.

some more end-game crises wouldn't go amiss, and the ability to have several of them at once would be quite nice too. For that sweet fuzzy 'everything is going to hell in a handbasket"-feeling.

Agelastus

Note to self - do not genetically modify your species until the bug that makes the modified species think it is being ruled by alien overlords etc. (even when there are no unmodified pops left) is fixed.  :hmm:

Now to see if I can edit the savegame...
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on June 04, 2016, 05:06:29 PM
I tried playing the RPG (and got the books) but couldn't find players.

Right now, Empress Theodora Hawkwood rules from Byzantium Secundus (she is the fourth monarch since the game started). I created two sectors, named after the Houses they were given to - Decados and Li Halan - and renamed the governors by giving them family names of those houses. :nerd:

I hope they flesh out factions in one of the DLCs, so they are more suited for different governments (so you have, say, noble houses in monarchies etc.)

:nerd:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on June 04, 2016, 11:16:29 AM
Technology costs scale by every pop you have, and most importantly, for every planet you colonize (equivalent to 10 pops IIRC). So ultimately big planets are much better than colonizing small-ish ones (more space to put research buildings).
Now that sucks. So gamey.
Explains why tech is so expensive for me too <_<
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I don't know, I think it makes sense from both an RPG angle (spreading tech through a vast empire is expensive), and from a gameplay angle. Otherwise the snowball effect from a wide empire would be even stronger.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on June 05, 2016, 04:52:22 AM
I don't know, I think it makes sense from both an RPG angle (spreading tech through a vast empire is expensive), and from a gameplay angle. Otherwise the snowball effect from a wide empire would be even stronger.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 05, 2016, 02:06:13 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 04, 2016, 08:08:10 PM
I think my game is over.

some more end-game crises wouldn't go amiss, and the ability to have several of them at once would be quite nice too. For that sweet fuzzy 'everything is going to hell in a handbasket"-feeling.

They plan to add new crises with each expansion.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on June 05, 2016, 04:52:22 AM
Spreading tech through a vast empire is expensive.
But there's no reason your capital should be less advanced because it has a colony out in bumfuck nowhere. It should be possible to have something like a less extreme version of Firefly.
Making things more expensive as you get larger for balancing purposes makes sense. But not to the extent they've done it.
I think the more realistic approach would be simply to have a negative to research production for planets outside your core/not at a certain level of development. That is a negative to their own output, not to the empire as a whole.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

It is a game. I'm not sure a more detailed approach would be more fun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Annoying:  The advisor volume doesn't save in 1.1. 

E:  I downloaded a mod that turns off the pop research penalty, and it just gets out of control.  Research gets finished way too fast later in the game.

Berkut

SO my game was cruising along nicely. I was playing in a spiral galaxy, and found myself dominating a good 25% of the map without much competition. Things were going great.

Joined a alliance with another empire about my own size, and we were looking at gobbling up some fractured smaller empires.

Apparently that other ally? He pissed off one of those Fallen Empire people who declared war on him...and by extension me.

No worries though, all the war targets are apparently the other guy...but it was not pretty. His fleet came in and took mine apart, and I had to go completely defensive. We lose, and as part of the terms I get "humiliation" and a crapload of my planets are not ceded, but abandoned.

So that was kind of cool - on the one hand my vaunted fleet was destroyed, and about 1/3rd of my planets suddenly ceased to exist.

The weird thing though is that they were not ceded, they were just all depoluated and my control over the entire arm was removed. But I was able to go back and re-colonize them.

So where did all those billions of people go? Exterminated?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on June 05, 2016, 10:47:13 PM
So where did all those billions of people go? Exterminated?

Jupiter Ascending