News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Yeah, migration lets pops migrate to your empire. Got some xenophile frogs to migrate to a gia world I had then built tona of colony ships with them and settled them on continental and tropical worlds that I, as an Arctic Fox could not.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

As a xenophobe species, I have created a backwater colony where I resettle alien pops to be purged. That way I don't get the happiness maluses (and therefore increased faction attraction) I get when I purge them in front of their compatriots. It's even a tundra planet, I call it: Gulag.

jimmy olsen

That's fucked up. :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I'm a method gamer  :sleep:

If Stellaris had come out in the 90s the MORAL PANIC(!!) would have been quite interesting to watch.

PDH

I'm still trying to get all the nuances down.  Then, I want to play a huge warlike xenophile empire that should have psi powers too.  I want Sith.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on June 02, 2016, 07:35:03 PM
As a xenophobe species, I have created a backwater colony where I resettle alien pops to be purged. That way I don't get the happiness maluses (and therefore increased faction attraction) I get when I purge them in front of their compatriots. It's even a tundra planet, I call it: Gulag.

No Tomb Worlds available?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Oh.  An annoying point: sectors doing more than managing planets.
So annoying to not be able to keep track of ships build at sector planets. This really spoils the whole correct planet for the correct species thing.
I've one observation post of a primitive world in a system where I've also two colonies. I should remove the world from the sector so I can progress the primitives but.... having to take up 2 of my only 5 planet slots for that is a pain.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

My observation posts became imperial property, not sector property with the new patch. It was different in 1.0, but in 1.1 I can control all of them directly, no matter where they are. Which makes much more sense.

The ship thing is really annoying though. Part of a bigger problem that you lack an empire-wide ship building screen that allows you to easily build ships and rally them somewhere (or distribute for colony ships).

In 1.1, I barely need construction ships anymore as the sectors all build their own. I guess that cuts down on micro-management as building the 100th mineral outpost is not adding too much to the game.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on June 03, 2016, 03:57:38 AM
My observation posts became imperial property, not sector property with the new patch. It was different in 1.0, but in 1.1 I can control all of them directly, no matter where they are. Which makes much more sense.

The ship thing is really annoying though. Part of a bigger problem that you lack an empire-wide ship building screen that allows you to easily build ships and rally them somewhere (or distribute for colony ships).

In 1.1, I barely need construction ships anymore as the sectors all build their own. I guess that cuts down on micro-management as building the 100th mineral outpost is not adding too much to the game.

Someone has released a mod that allows you to create 3 rally points, using the edict system. Haven't it tried it yet myself.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Is the IA any good at managing happiness/factions? I just conquered a bunch of planets and I'd rather drop them all in a sector but I'm afraid the IA will mess things up and get a bunch of revolts.

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on June 03, 2016, 03:57:38 AM

Thats odd. I'm on 1.02 and when i build a new outpost its the sectors. I've not seen them building their own ships
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Balls. Just realised I've been playing on an old version and not the latest. Steam wasn't updating :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

I've started a new game with a very adaptable species (+20% habitable). Not sure if that's worth it as you can just conquer other species, terraform (never had the chance so far) or gene-modify your species. My species is also very spiritual and a bit martially inclined.

The first planet I colonized was a 25 pop Gaia world that had the special distinction of being holy to some nearby Fallen Empire. Role-playing I figured that my species hasn't met that fallen empire yet, so I would of course pick that particular planet as my second planet, not knowing that I might anger them. I wonder how that works out later when I meet them. 

Legbiter

Is how the war score is calculated a bit wonky? If an opposing fleet FTL's out of a fight because it's getting stomped it counts as my loss?  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Loving this.

Haven't got past early game because I keep making new races. Current theme: bird Venice :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!