News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 29, 2016, 12:00:01 AM
Wow my psionic + titan army is pretty devastating against everyone (Im enjoying being a space dick and dropping the titans on primitive civilizations).  How do psionic robots work though?  :hmm:

E:  And for that matter, what the hell kind of transports and dropships am I using to launch planetary invasions using armies of titans?

These kind?

Zanza

I encountered a peculiar ape-like non-spacefaring species in my game. When I first met them, they were still in the atomic age, when I established my observation post, they had moved on to early space age. I helped them along and now have another vassal. :)

Martinus

I encountered those apes as well. However, after getting enlightened, they rejected my xenophile, spiritual ways and embraced militarist materialism.  :Embarrass:

celedhring

Really itching to get a long save going, but the beta patch is still bugged and I want ethics divergence fixed before I give the game a proper go. Hope they fix it tomorrow.  :menace:

Josquius

It lags pretty badly as you move into the game <_<
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2016, 08:04:45 AM
I encountered those apes as well. However, after getting enlightened, they rejected my xenophile, spiritual ways and embraced militarist materialism.  :Embarrass:

Sam Harris elected President of Earth.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2016, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2016, 08:04:45 AM

Sam Harris elected President of Earth.
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

I had an annoying game where I was the biggest empire in the region, but my physics researchers refused to look for anything better than fission reactors for the navy.  Eventually I just sort of sat there with the highest tech in everything except shipboard reactors and just fumed.

Sure, being able to fund that 23000 point physics project is wonderful, but Jesus H Christ on a Fucking Popsicle Stick just because we are peaceful doesn't mean that you can't STEAL from the neighbors...

Next time I am going full on Evil Empire.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on May 29, 2016, 10:08:43 PM
I had an annoying game where I was the biggest empire in the region, but my physics researchers refused to look for anything better than fission reactors for the navy.  Eventually I just sort of sat there with the highest tech in everything except shipboard reactors and just fumed.

Sure, being able to fund that 23000 point physics project is wonderful, but Jesus H Christ on a Fucking Popsicle Stick just because we are peaceful doesn't mean that you can't STEAL from the neighbors...

Next time I am going full on Evil Empire.

Did you make sure to scroll down? If you did some research on debris that had a fusion reactor, it could be down below.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

The mighty Caldari State (:nerd:) somehow managed to piss off a neighbor enough that they declared war on me while I had been fucking around with crystalline entities with ALL of my fleets in the system right next door to them.  Instant invasion and ass kicking begins. 

During this thing though, one of my dudes on a planet I had been observing contacted me and started talking shit about enlightening them or something. Does anyone know how fast that happens?  How soon should I pull a fleet an army off of the invasion to go crush and enslave these primitives so I get it done before they become an independent state?  The ass kicking might...start going the other way....if I do that immediately.

Josquius

I started a new game. Huge map lags too much :(

Giving the point to point portals ftl a go. Will be ineresting to see how this works if I ever get into a war with a warp user.
The hardest difficulty stargate one sounded interesting but liable to stunt growth.

Also less Ai enemies this time.
Exploration seemed awfully dull in the last game.

Strange to go from overflowing with resources to having to scrimp and save for my first colony ship.
Last game I had private colony ships which were cheaper and had no Ill effect (never had ethics trouble )
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

So has anyone modded Culture ship names into this yet?

Jaron

Tried another game this morning.

LITERALLY unplayable.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

There is no endgame yet, right? At least I didn't find it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: The Brain on May 30, 2016, 03:26:22 PM
There is no endgame yet, right? At least I didn't find it.
There are supposedly three different types of crisis you can trigger in the game (some kind of bug invasion, some kind of extra-dimensional invasion and AI becoming uppity). Furthermore you can fight the Fallen Empires eventually.