STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

The freaking Scourge has a 67k Fleet.

My best is 40k.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Finally started not sucking.  I have a big empire with many sectors.
PDH!

Martinus

So I went and subjugated several alien races as the Empire of Man so got that out of my system. Now planning to restart the game as a smaller, less expansionistic empire (as even with sectors, it gets to be quite a hassle).

Need some ideas for what it should be. So far my best idea is the Confederate Colonies of Libra - a sort of libertarian paradise of fanatically individualist humans (but not based on Sol). I am just not sure if I should pick Materialist or Spiritualist for them - a theocratic Republic of Ayn Rand fanatics has a nice ring to it.   :P

Martinus

By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to colonize a planet with pre-sentient alien life which occupies all free tiles? I had this on a small desert planet, with lots of blocked tiles - and all of the remaining ones being occupied by some sort of humanoid lizards.

Martinus

Incidentally, Stellaris bug reports have the capability of equaling, if not exceeding the CK2 bug reports for comic value. For example:

QuoteAnyway, a somewhat comical event happened in that a pre-sentient is running for presidential election.

Art imitates life.  :cool:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on May 27, 2016, 08:28:01 AM
By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to colonize a planet with pre-sentient alien life which occupies all free tiles? I had this on a small desert planet, with lots of blocked tiles - and all of the remaining ones being occupied by some sort of humanoid lizards.

Have the proper policies to purge or resettle them or you can uplift them.

Martinus

Can I purge or resettle pops from a planet I do not own? The options were grayed out for me.

Grey Fox

It needs to be within your empire but other than that I don't know.

Agelastus

Quote from: Martinus on May 27, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Terraforming it will get rid of the blockers - you can then colonise one of the newly freed tiles and do what you like with the natives.

Terraforming gases or liquids are the only resource I've so far found to be worth fighting a war specifically for. All the other strategic resources are nice bonuses, but not ones one cannot do without.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Pedrito

I still suck at this game, but at least my last save is turning rather successful.
I have probably the biggest empire, area-wise, of the galaxy, with 57 colonised worlds and 9 sectors, and if I want I can build a rather big fleet (around 400 ship slots); I've just incorporated a rival empire in my own, and 15% of the pops in my empire are a different race from us. A good 2% is a group that evolved from my original species (Post-Cirrulan); other than the original, there are 4 different species in my worlds.

I have some problems, though:
- there's a lot of civic unrest, as the different species don't get along very well: Cirrulans and Post-Cirrulans are organising repeated pogroms against each other on the world they share;
- I'm blocked in my expansion by two Fallen Empires that are way too powerful for me to confront now; I could expand by annexing other lesser empires, but I don't want to raise the number of species in the empire;
- some of my worlds are rather unhappy, and the pops are migrating, so they're not growing like they could;

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

I bought it. Been messing around.

What's the deal with hostile aliens like mining drones, space animals, etc...  you just have to kill them? No peaceful resolutions?

Trying to.figure out how much I should invest in research/minim stations. Influence is damn scare,  seems a shame to waste it just on those territory boosting stations

Scouting micromanagement is a bit of a pain. The split galaxy/system map setup has pros and cons.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on May 28, 2016, 08:13:27 AM
Scouting micromanagement is a bit of a pain. The split galaxy/system map setup has pros and cons.
I just give them a command to survey two or three systems in one go and then only react once a event pops up. You have to clear the hostile aliens from these systems first though.

Josquius

I'm through to the mid game now.
Spiral galaxy so I'm a bit stuck with one empire to the left and another to the east, though I've managed to secure some pretty big territory for myself.
Not sure what happens now and whether I even need my scout ships. I've yet to see the tech to let me settle ocean/desert/whatever planets (I'm human), also a tech to let me have more than 7 planets would be nice.
I was given a quest early on to find some old earth probes. Some were fair  enough. One is just over in the next spiral arm so out of my reach until I get a bit better warp drive.
One though....its in the galactic core somehow. I'm sure its a bug.
A quest to seek out animals for a zoo also involves planets I've never been to, off in the beyond.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Wow my psionic + titan army is pretty devastating against everyone (Im enjoying being a space dick and dropping the titans on primitive civilizations).  How do psionic robots work though?  :hmm:

E:  And for that matter, what the hell kind of transports and dropships am I using to launch planetary invasions using armies of titans?