News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

You guys suck. The last time I lost all my fleet to the AI I could re-engineer and rebuild in peace because it kept sending lonely transport ships to invade my planets, one by one... Game can be great but desperately needs that 1.1 patch.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

jimmy olsen

I'm 90 years into my game. I have 23 planets and 201 billion foxes and 10 billion toads.

I've only fought one war and it was to liberate a couple of planets that my allies had lost before we allied together.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Just started a new game where I started on the far edge of an elliptical galaxy and there was a Mollusk empire blocking my way. I tried at first to ask for civilian access but they were too wary of me - so I prepped myself for war. Though we were rated as equivalent in fleet power, I wiped the floor with them as their deflectors proved no match for my missiles. Now my empire has 2 human worlds and 3 mollusk worlds. I had planned to enslave them but our ethics are so similar that they are now mostly all content with my rule.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

So I am working on Languish themed custom races, and I started with BarristerBoy.

The Fungoid Beeber race is from the arctic planet Edmontia, orbiting the star Canadia.

They are Intelligent, Slow Learners, Conformist, and Non-Adaptive.

For government and ethics they are Fanatical Collectivists and Spiritualist.

However, that only leaves Divine Mandate and Despotic Empire as possible Government types. I am not sure which fits him *better*...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Went with Divine Mandate - the added Slavery Tolerance is a good stand in for "Hates Liberty". :P

The Cruzian Conformist Protectorate. Uses Warp Drives and Missiles, none of that fancy new fangled tech stuff!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 20, 2016, 10:53:07 AM
So I am working on Languish themed custom races, and I started with BarristerBoy.

The Fungoid Beeber race is from the arctic planet Edmontia, orbiting the star Canadia.

They are Intelligent, Slow Learners, Conformist, and Non-Adaptive.

For government and ethics they are Fanatical Collectivists and Spiritualist.

However, that only leaves Divine Mandate and Despotic Empire as possible Government types. I am not sure which fits him *better*...

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

I've been naming my leaders after politicians and film stars.

One of my leading scientists is Dubya Bush, working aboard the science vessel Pioneer. He has recently gained the trait "arrested development -100% xp gain"  :lol:

The Brain

I'm fighting the Tyranids. They seem very... set in their ways.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on May 20, 2016, 03:09:34 AM
You guys suck. The last time I lost all my fleet to the AI I could re-engineer and rebuild in peace because it kept sending lonely transport ships to invade my planets, one by one... Game can be great but desperately needs that 1.1 patch.

Yeah, the fleet AI is easy to defeat.  Also war is a huge boost to tech.  Just have a science vessel in the same system, set it to passive and let it clean up all the broken ships the come in one by one.

To try a harder game I went with passive spiritualists.  But the hardest part with them has been expanding too quickly so that I out striped my energy resources when the empire penalty was imposed.

Legbiter

Went to war with a xenophobic Fallen Empire. Combined all my navies into a 100k doomstack and sent it in. Got back about a quarter of my ships but did manage to pry one planet away from them.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zanza

My empire grows. I'll colonize the dark part in the south of the galaxy next. Whenever a truce runs out, I declare war on the empires bordering me, but the ten year truce time against the entire alliance you've just fought makes it tedious. Why can you only conquer three planets at a time? I can understand the logic of claims in EU4 or CK2, but in this game you have to wonder what's stopping me from just conquering some alien race outright.

I've got about 80 planets now with 15 different alien species. What a xenophile I am.  :area52: