News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Oh, I hadn't even notice it was a workshop game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2016, 06:48:42 AM
Downloaded the Nationalism Mod and the Extra Flag color mod, they seem to work together.

So, if you want to play Space Angola or SPQR, you can now.

Nice. I have a Roman Empire-themed save planned down the line. Now I just need a name and a ship list. I might even make one myself if it's not complicated.

Jaron

Here comes all the Balkan fanbois and their "Macedonian Space Empire".

1. Purge Albanians
2. Purge Serbs
3. Purge Greeks
4. Play techno music
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

Downloaded the Nationalism Mod and the Extra Flag color mod, they seem to work together.

Tim, is there St. Mark's Lion in the symbols?

:venicefanboi:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

dps

Chick don't look particularly Angolan.

Jaron

One complaint I have about Stellaris is as a human race, blacks seem to be the most prevalent color. Why is that?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on May 12, 2016, 11:56:31 AM
One complaint I have about Stellaris is as a human race, blacks seem to be the most prevalent color. Why is that?
Game was developed by Swedes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: Jaron on May 12, 2016, 11:56:31 AM

Is black really a color though?

celedhring

Does anybody know if the different nav computers really govern your ship's actions during naval combat, or is it all just fluff text and only the bonuses matter?

I really want to be able to make actual dedicated ships with actual tactics and battleplans (screens, main line, the like). I haven't seen a 4x pull that off effectively yet. Most of the time you just load your best weapon in your best ship and mass-produce that for all your fleets. But there seems to be an attempt to create some complexity and fleet design decisions in Stellaris, even if it doesn't really come across cleanly yet.

The Brain

How do you enter flavor text for your custom empires? I'm blind and stupid.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: celedhring on May 12, 2016, 03:02:36 PM
Does anybody know if the different nav computers really govern your ship's actions during naval combat, or is it all just fluff text and only the bonuses matter?

I really want to be able to make actual dedicated ships with actual tactics and battleplans (screens, main line, the like). I haven't seen a 4x pull that off effectively yet. Most of the time you just load your best weapon in your best ship and mass-produce that for all your fleets. But there seems to be an attempt to create some complexity and fleet design decisions in Stellaris, even if it doesn't really come across cleanly yet.
I remember MOO3 tried that...

Barrister

By the way how do you actually see the battles being played out?  All I see is a little EU-ish line showing relative strengths.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2016, 03:50:36 PM
By the way how do you actually see the battles being played out?  All I see is a little EU-ish line showing relative strengths.

Played out how?

celedhring

Endless Space also tried it too, but ultimately it was still more effective to just mass-produce hundreds of glass cannons.

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2016, 03:50:36 PM

You can zoom all the way in and you'll see the battle. They are just messy brawls of ships shooting each other though.