News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on May 11, 2016, 11:21:42 AM
If it takes 80 hours to play a game, I'll just have finished one or at best two when the first expansion comes out in a couple of months. I am such a casual these days... :(

Hey we got things to do these days. I am so going to play the shit out of games in my 70s though :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I figure I'll play 1 game by the time Civ VI rolls out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

So I restarted last night (due to the no colony ships thing), but since I had to do that run I put off from Monday I didn't get all that far.

My location is... interesting.  I am at the extreme edge of a spiral galaxy.  Exploring "down" the spiral I rapidly discovered another civilization with fairly incompatable views (I'm a collectivist materialist oligarchy this go around).  There's not very far I can go "up" the spiral before it ends, and there's a moderate sized gap towards the core before you hit the next arm.

Am I screwed unless I take down this other species in short order?

Also note to self: when choosing your symbol and flag don't make the background colour black.  Because that means your colour on the map is also black, which doesn't stand out well against the blackness of space.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Eh, yeah. I made my scientific directorate, 25th République, primary color purple.

:lol:

Barrister

I seem to be running through Traveller species at the moment.

First I created the Solomani Confederation - a militant, xenophobic military dictatorship.

Now I'm running with the Vilani Ziru Sirka.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2016, 11:22:26 AM
Quote from: Zanza on May 11, 2016, 11:21:42 AM
If it takes 80 hours to play a game, I'll just have finished one or at best two when the first expansion comes out in a couple of months. I am such a casual these days... :(

Hey we got things to do these days. I am so going to play the shit out of games in my 70s though :P

yeah, the backlog is going to be massive.

Berkut

I would be interested in the capability of this system to create custom scenarios...not just modded sandboxes, but actual scenarios.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

First patch is out, fixing some minor stuff.  Second patch to come soon, apparently.  First major patch to follow.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: chipwich on May 10, 2016, 06:55:46 PM
Quote from: dps on May 10, 2016, 04:52:11 PM

The graphics card is the holdup for me.  Mine only has 512MB.

Quick! Escape through the time portal before we are trapped in 2006 forever!

Meh.  It's run pretty much everything else I've thrown at it, including Elder Scrolls games.

Fuck it.  I'll buy the game and see if it runs on it;  if not, I'll upgrade.  I'm still playing the shit out of CKII anyway, so I'll probably just wait for Stellaris to go on sale for the first time, and then if I have to upgrade, use the money I'll have saved by waiting to buy the game to cover part of the cost of a new graphics card.

HVC

Why would Xenophobes have a  malice for alien slaves? i'm a militarist, xenophobe, materialist Despotic empire. shouldn't my pop's love alien slaves?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: HVC on May 11, 2016, 05:15:37 PM
Why would Xenophobes have a  malice for alien slaves? i'm a militarist, xenophobe, materialist Despotic empire. shouldn't my pop's love alien slaves?

Cause Hitler didn't kill Jewish slaves.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Downloaded the Nationalism Mod and the Extra Flag color mod, they seem to work together.

So, if you want to play Space Angola or SPQR, you can now.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2016, 06:49:21 AM
Where did you get the mods?

Steam workshop, just browse the most popular.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point