News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

The little eagle next to the race portraits? I can't see it.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on May 10, 2016, 03:53:01 PM
The little eagle next to the race portraits? I can't see it.

It's there for me.

Ugh, I was up until 1:30, one more minuting.  :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

That's weird then. It doesn't show up for me?

My monitor is only 720p (oldish laptop...) so I suspect a display bug is what's happening here...  :hmm:

dps

Quote from: Zanza on May 09, 2016, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: PRC on May 09, 2016, 03:56:31 PM
Anyone with a "less than or around" minimum specs computer have a report on how smoothly the game is running for them?
I have a laptop with a i5-2430, 4 GB RAM and a NVidia GT555M 1GB graphics card and it runs okay. Smoother than EU4.

The graphics card is the holdup for me.  Mine only has 512MB.

chipwich

Quote from: dps on May 10, 2016, 04:52:11 PM

Quick! Escape through the time portal before we are trapped in 2006 forever!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PRC

Anyone with a "less than or around" minimum specs computer have a report on how smoothly the game is running for them?
I have a laptop with a i5-2430, 4 GB RAM and a NVidia GT555M 1GB graphics card and it runs okay. Smoother than EU4.

I have an older i5 and my graphics card is 1 gig.  1015 mb is minimum according to systemrequirements.com so technically I'm 15 mb shy but that might just be a weird twist.   My processor is the only other not up to snuff spec from the minimum requirements. 

That's why i asked the question as I'm just below minimum. 

So far I have been playing on a small map and it's been running exceptionally well. 

I think 512 mb might work, but you'd be pushing it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PRC on May 10, 2016, 08:59:54 PM

I have an older i5 and my graphics card is 1 gig.  1015 mb is minimum according to systemrequirements.com so technically I'm 15 mb shy but that might just be a weird twist.   My processor is the only other not up to snuff spec from the minimum requirements. 

That's why i asked the question as I'm just below minimum. 

So far I have been playing on a small map and it's been running exceptionally well. 

I think 512 mb might work, but you'd be pushing it.

I've read that it works exceptionally well on low level systems, but has stuttered on some high level new computers. They're releasing (or perhaps already have) released a hot fix for that today.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

No problem on my year old macbook pro.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Phillip V

Tonitrus

Alas, no scantily-clad blue elf babes.  We might have to wait for the new MOO for that.  :(

Martinus

The Mac version seems a bit wonky - occasionally graphics goes to shit and you have to reload. I also had a few CTDs.

How quickly do you guys build up your fleet by the way? I was owned by space pirates soon after establishing my second colony.

Jaron

Always.

Is there any point to running excess credits? I always try to keep myself as close to 0 as possible.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on May 11, 2016, 12:47:47 AM
Always.

Is there any point to running excess credits? I always try to keep myself as close to 0 as possible.

Stockpile for emergency or trading. Colonizing a planet takes a ton of energy credits. Stockpiling minerals in case you need to rebuild your fleet is also neccessary.

1 Karma Chameleon point