News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Comet sighted event triggered.  It had positive effects.   :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Does anyone if there is a handy list of a) anomalies you still need to research, and b) habitable worlds you've discovered?

PRC

Anyone with a "less than or around" minimum specs computer have a report on how smoothly the game is running for them?

dps

Quote from: PRC on May 09, 2016, 03:56:31 PM
Anyone with a "less than or around" minimum specs computer have a report on how smoothly the game is running for them?

Yeah, that would be nice.  Particularly anyone whose graphics card isn't up to spec.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

The damned "comet sighted" event is in this too :D

It gives you a happiness boost now, though. Oh, the wonders of scientific enlightenment.  :cool:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2016, 03:55:56 PM
Does anyone if there is a handy list of a) anomalies you still need to research, and b) habitable worlds you've discovered?

Just started to play but there is an option to research the anomaly and then send your vessel off doing whatever it was doing before, so I dont have any outstanding.  Havent seen a handy short cut to habitable worlds discovered - but I have only discovered one so far in the three systems surveyed to date.

Over all this game plays very well out of the box.  The design is very good.  Many many hours of enjoyment incoming :)

celedhring

My 3 year old laptop runs it smoothly, it has a not-great graphic card that's supposedly below recommended specs.

Zanza

My economy sucks. I am permanently short of minerals.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2016, 03:55:56 PM

I know of at least one way to easily spot the habitable worlds, but haven't messed around with map-modes much.

Click on a colony ship and you should see a planet-symbol next to all systems.  Green means habitable, red means uninhabitable (and will provide a list of reasons).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

I have a laptop with a i5-2430, 4 GB RAM and a NVidia GT555M 1GB graphics card and it runs okay. Smoother than EU4.

MadBurgerMaker

Looks pretty nice, although I'm just eyeballing it on a remote connection from work.  :ph34r:  Can't really play with the lagginess that pops up pretty regularly though.

jimmy olsen

Woke up, installed and almost finished creating my first race before limping off to work. I can tell I'm going to take an hour making different species before I even play the game.

The Kitsune Concordant will venture out from Inrai and the the beneficent glow of Amaterasu to befriend the galaxy. Individualist,  spiritual, and xenophile. Wormholes and laser weapons.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Just annihilated my first sentient species. Feels like a good time to go to bed.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on May 09, 2016, 06:29:17 PM
Just annihilated my first sentient species. Feels like a good time to go to bed.

:o

Monster!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point