News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

I really don't have time for this. I suppose it's just as well that I really don't have money for it either.

Phillip V

Quote from: Maximus on May 09, 2016, 06:32:18 PM
I really don't have time for this. I suppose it's just as well that I really don't have money for it either.

Ask your friends to gift it to you.

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 04:49:17 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2016, 03:55:56 PM
Does anyone if there is a handy list of a) anomalies you still need to research, and b) habitable worlds you've discovered?

I know of at least one way to easily spot the habitable worlds, but haven't messed around with map-modes much.

Click on a colony ship and you should see a planet-symbol next to all systems.  Green means habitable, red means uninhabitable (and will provide a list of reasons).

If you click on the furthest left button on the lower right button row, it turns on a map overlay that is very useful for that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2016, 05:37:31 PM
Woke up, installed and almost finished creating my first race before limping off to work. I can tell I'm going to take an hour making different species before I even play the game.

The Kitsune Concordant will venture out from Inrai and the the beneficent glow of Amaterasu to befriend the galaxy. Individualist,  spiritual, and xenophile. Wormholes and laser weapons.

Lettow, is that you?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Game is broken.

Playing the human xeno race, and there is a event driven story thing where you have to find another human colony. One of the steps is to survey three systems.

However, I had already surveyed two of the three systems, so I could not complete that step.

Game is broken. Uninstalling.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2016, 08:15:50 PM
Game is broken.

Playing the human xeno race, and there is a event driven story thing where you have to find another human colony. One of the steps is to survey three systems.

However, I had already surveyed two of the three systems, so I could not complete that step.

Game is broken. Uninstalling.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction.  :huh:

There are dozens of event driven quests. You're going to uninstall because one is bugged? Have you ever played a paradox game at launch before? Seems as stable as CKII was on launch, but CKII good as it was wasn't flawless.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

I froze my ass off watching Timothy's soccer game.  There's no way I'm going out again to go for a 4km run as well.

So it's Stellaris time right after the boys go to bed. :yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Gave it a spin. My human xenophobe collectivist spiritualists encountered these horrifying floating gasbags with the exact same planetary type preference as we.

Resettled 1 human pop on their homeworld after the conquest then had the entire species purged. For the emperor!  :ph34r:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

jimmy olsen

I may hold off on playing humans until the extra sol bug is cleared up.  :hmm:

From what I hear, if you play a custom human empire with sol as your home system the game still spawns another Sol.

Edit: Apparently a mod as been made that fixes this already.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

I just assume my evil twin lives there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

I like this. :)

What's nice is that compared to the usual Paradox game you aren't thrown right into the middle of running some giant empire - you have just one piddly little system.  Gives you a chance to get to know what you're doing as it all slowly builds up.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on May 09, 2016, 08:11:43 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2016, 05:37:31 PM
Woke up, installed and almost finished creating my first race before limping off to work. I can tell I'm going to take an hour making different species before I even play the game.

The Kitsune Concordant will venture out from Inrai and the the beneficent glow of Amaterasu to befriend the galaxy. Individualist,  spiritual, and xenophile. Wormholes and laser weapons.

Lettow, is that you?

:sleep:

The Kitsune Concordant is native to the arctic world of Inari and due to the limited energy inherent in such an ecosystem are slow breeding. However they make up for that by being enduring, charismatic and nomdic.

1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 04:49:17 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2016, 03:55:56 PM
Does anyone if there is a handy list of a) anomalies you still need to research, and b) habitable worlds you've discovered?

I know of at least one way to easily spot the habitable worlds, but haven't messed around with map-modes much.

Click on a colony ship and you should see a planet-symbol next to all systems.  Green means habitable, red means uninhabitable (and will provide a list of reasons).

another easy way to do it is click on the details button on the galaxy map and all habitable planets show in green and all planets which might become habitable show in red.  Also anomalies show up as well.

And this is addictive as hell.  I need to drag myself away from the screen... after just a few more minutes.

Barrister

So according to steam I have two hours gameplay.  While I feel I barely scratched the surface, I also feel like I want to re-start based on what I know now.  Lots of fun.

Lettow77

I have to protest, Jaron. I would never have made such an entry-level weeaboo race, especially one holding values so antithetical to the Japanese experience.

Everyone knows your weeaboo niprace is supposed to be xenophobic and collective, while being sedentary rather than nomadic. Nomadic is a heretical blight upon Yukkuri.

Sedentary, Nonadaptive, Decadent are the go-to Yukkuri traits. Agrarian, while wholesome, suggests a vitality and class of toil that is unbecoming to a Yukkuri existence.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'