News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I think I might spend the entire day just fucking around with the race builder....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I'm surprised at how smoothly the game seems to be running thus far.  I don't recall CK2 being this crisp and speedy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
I'm surprised at how smoothly the game seems to be running thus far.  I don't recall CK2 being this crisp and speedy.

Yeah, it's so smooth. I was afraid it would be bumpier. We'll see when I have like 20000 ships going around my systems.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Just encountered my first alien species. Like a good xenophobe I am: KILLING IT WITH FIRE.

celedhring

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on May 09, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
Reviews people.  Get to it.

Habbaku's Log:

Have played game for ~1 hour.  Have encountered significant pockets of Fun™.  Currently analyzing incoming Fun™-Data for relevant reports to send to Fascist Canada.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

That dude who was on the Co-Optional Podcast last week has a series on it if you want to check it out before you buy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnsbPce851E
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Downloading now. Will take another 15 minutes on my slow internet. :(

Alcibiades

No computer for another 2 weeks. I need aars and in depth discussion to sustain me in the field please :cry:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

The Brain

I tried the save function. When reloading a saved game my leader had changed her (carefully crafted) looks. :(

Other than that it seems cool. Smooth. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

I'm trying to decide for a first playthrough if I go for an open, democratic "lets all get along" race, a militaristic, xenophobic "conquer them all" type race, or a technocratic everything is about research type race.

Appearance though is guaranteed to be humans though - that just how I roll in these games.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.