News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

That's fair, although one of your own reviews echoes the complaints about the mid-game being plodding and uninteresting compared to the early game. 

I am sure it will be a lot of fun and well worth the time investment after some polish, though. I'm looking forward to playing it eventually.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 09, 2016, 09:13:49 AM
That's fair, although one of your own reviews echoes the complaints about the mid-game being plodding and uninteresting compared to the early game. 

I am sure it will be a lot of fun and well worth the time investment after some polish, though. I'm looking forward to playing it eventually.

I've watched a ton of streams. Midgame looks interesting to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2016, 09:03:07 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on May 09, 2016, 09:02:12 AM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/stellaris-review

Except for this one. It does look like a good game, but I bet it'll be a better and cheaper game in a year.

Ign reviews lost all credibility years ago.

Uh-oh, looks like Paradox forgot to slip them the requisite bribe.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Just got my key from wingamestore for those who were worried. Game can't be installed yet, though.

Berkut

Another epic launch day failure on the part of Paradox.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2016, 10:35:23 AM

:yeahright:

I can't wait to play this, but of course it has to be released on a day when both Timmy has soccer, and I'm supposed to go for a run.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on May 09, 2016, 10:37:40 AM

I can't wait to play this, but of course it has to be released on a day when both Timmy has soccer, and I'm supposed to go for a run.

I took the day off to play, and I am not playing.

Therefore: FAIL.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2016, 10:38:36 AM

Isn't it supposed to be released at noon eastern?  20 minutes from now?

PDH

Haha all you suckers living to east of here.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

HVC

they announced a 18:00 CET release like two weeks ago when they announced the launch day game steam  :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Solmyr

Barrister

PRC

I bought it off greenmangaming as well and just got my key.  Installing at the moment (remotely, i'm at work :( )

Darth Wagtaros

ARGH. I'd have taken the day if we already werne't down two people. Maybe Wednesday.
PDH!