News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

That's a pity then, when I saw that banner about modding units I had hopes for some cool stuff. But using Maya is quite a stumbling block.

Darth Wagtaros

It certainly explains part of the price tag. 
PDH!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2016, 07:49:28 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 02, 2016, 06:00:23 PM
Art looks relatively easy to mod for the graphically inclined.

Well except that any new anims will require a person to have Maya. Did a quick look and that license sure ain't cheap!

not that everyone on the internets pays for all their licences of course...

garbon

I guess so. Still hardly as rosy/beneficent of P'dox as it appeared on first blush. Here's the details on what they said of tutorial on how to do for portraits:

QuoteIf you want to create an animated character, you have two options. One, you can mod an existing one by modifying an existing character's texture. This is desirable if you don't want to or can't use Maya for any reason but your Photoshop skills are high. This is a bit limiting of course, since you can only change the look so much within the confines of that character. The animations will of course be the same, so you can't move the eyes etc.

If you want to do this, take an existing texture and add some more colors to the entire texture, and you can see the entire area you have to work with.There is some space outside the edge of the character to work with.

And then yeah units are Maya heavy.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Maya_exporter
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7 x86 or newer, Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.0 Ghz or Intel Core 2 Quad 9400 @ 2.66 Ghz, Memory: 2 GB RAM,  Graphics: AMD HD 5770 or Nvidia GTX 460 with 1024MB VRAM, Latest available WHQL drivers from both manufacturers, DirectX: 9.0c, Storage: 4 GB available space, Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card, Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers, Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection or LAN for multiplayer.

Recommended:
OS: Windows 7 x64 or newer, Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 850 @ 3.3 Ghz or Intel i3 2100 @ 3.1 Ghz, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: AMD HD 6850 or Nvidia GTX 560TI with 1024MB VRAM, Latest available WHQL drivers from both manufacturers, DirectX: 9.0c, Storage: 4 GB available space, Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card, Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers, Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection or LAN for multiplayer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Just pre-ordered the Nova edition. I need those evil looking spiders.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grallon

I was debating whether or not I should wait for some of you people's reviews but it appears there's a consensus so for those who pre-order we'll be able to download on the 9th?  Also, will I be able to install it on 2 separate machines?  I'll be traveling on the 14th and I want to have it on my laptop as well as my regular rig.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on May 05, 2016, 09:26:51 AM
Also, will I be able to install it on 2 separate machines?  I'll be traveling on the 14th and I want to have it on my laptop as well as my regular rig.

G.

I would think so. Works that way for all other p'dox games on Steam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Embargo is over. You can watch lets plays on YouTube, if you're so inclined
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Richard Hakluyt

I've been watching Quill18's Stellaris let's play, I'd say it is a pretty solid display of the early game acting as both a kind of review and tutorial.

Martinus

Preordered the Nova pack this morning.  :cool:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 06, 2016, 01:16:02 AM
I've been watching Quill18's Stellaris let's play, I'd say it is a pretty solid display of the early game acting as both a kind of review and tutorial.

He's kind of annoying though. I watched the Elysium lets play, looks really good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point