News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on April 24, 2016, 02:57:54 AM
Just get the goddamn game again when it is on Sale on Steam. God knows that with the time we spend playing Paradox games, we have probably got their worth several times over.

:lol:  Easy, spaz.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Just get the goddamn game again when it is on Sale on Steam. God knows that with the time we spend playing Paradox games, we have probably got their worth several times over.

For me that's true for EU2 and EU4, and maybe Victoria breaks even. CK, HOI, EU3 were all wastes of money.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

I've played a lot of EU, EU2, all the HOIs and Vic and would consider them all worth the time spent.  I've played a little of CK2 and EU3 and nothing of CK (I own), EU4 (I own), Vic2 or Rome.  I'm kind of burnt out on the Paradox system generally, although I'm strongly tempted by Stellaris and I'll definitely pick up HOI IV since every HOI iteration is a completely different (usually broken) animal.  The EUs didn't feel like they were different enough to bother with, even though they were better games than the HOIs.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2016, 01:45:34 PM

For me that's true for EU2 and EU4, and maybe Victoria breaks even. CK, HOI, EU3 were all wastes of money.

CK2 is easily the best game paradox has ever made. I have more than 630 hours in it 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2016, 05:18:20 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2016, 01:45:34 PM

CK2 is easily the best game paradox has ever made. I have more than 630 hours in it

Yup. I would have to check my stats on Steam but I definitely played it more than any other Paradox game.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

chipwich

I wish humanoids and mammalians were segregated into different genomes to make more humanoids appear, creating a Star Trekkie feel. I don't feel evil when oppressing a fungus.

garbon

Quote from: chipwich on April 25, 2016, 03:37:32 AM
I wish humanoids and mammalians were segregated into different genomes to make more humanoids appear, creating a Star Trekkie feel. I don't feel evil when oppressing a fungus.

Certainly something that I could see them doing over time /without a doubt will be in mods.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I'm looking forward the inevitable Star Wars/Star Trek mods myself  :blush:

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2016, 03:55:47 AM

I'm thinking of making a Star Wars mod myself. :P

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2016, 03:55:47 AM

I'll throw in for that but I want B5 too. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.