And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 19, 2016, 08:09:49 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 18, 2016, 02:54:31 AM
Stellaris is one of the best games I've ever played...
You make that Amazon review yet?

Heehee you may be one of the few who'd get the reference.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on April 19, 2016, 11:25:53 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 19, 2016, 08:09:49 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 18, 2016, 02:54:31 AM
Stellaris is one of the best games I've ever played...
You make that Amazon review yet?

Heehee you may be one of the few who'd get the reference.

I clearly got it, I just wasn't as showy. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Yeah. I saw that and went back and edited my post. I didn't see the earliest responses.  :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

I thought it was a pretty well-traveled meme, back in its time...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Ok, preordered it. All the games I have got on release day since 2011 have been either created or distributed by Paradox. Okay, that's a grand total of three games, but still :D

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on April 19, 2016, 01:24:38 PM
Ok, preordered it. All the games I have got on release day since 2011 have been either created or distributed by Paradox. Okay, that's a grand total of three games, but still :D

Can't you get it on Steam? I mean I used to pre-order to secure my box at the store but without a limitation on the inventory involved I don't get the point of pre-ordering anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

I think you get a special avatar or something if you pre-order.

yeah, i don't understand the rush to pre-order online stuff.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2016, 01:27:55 PM

Can't you get it on Steam? I mean I used to pre-order to secure my box at the store but without a limitation on the inventory involved I don't get the point of pre-ordering anything.

I was going to get it on release day anyway, so might as well get the (largely irrelevant) pre-order bonuses.

Valmy

These days I prefer to wait a little bit to see how much people on the internet like it :P

The reviews usually come out a day or two before release.

Granted this is probably a 'buy anyway' title for most of us.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2016, 01:31:41 PM
These days I prefer to wait a little bit to see how much people on the internet like it :P

Yeah, that's what I usually do. I mean, 90% of the games I pick up are under 10€ during sales years after their release, but Paradox have me hook, line and sinker with this one.

Grey Fox

Hell, I don't even like Paradox games & I am going to buy this.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2016, 01:44:10 PM

Hell, I don't even like Paradox games & I am going to buy this.

:D

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2016, 01:27:55 PM

You get five or six extra species. Though I assume they'll sell them seperately as a DLC later on for people who missed the release.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

To be honest, I kind of expect it to be buggy and have weak AI upon release, but there seem to be so many options as to how to customize your race and society (and galaxy) that those alone will be worth playing around with until the patches/DLCs start coming out.

Josephus

It will probably take me four months just to get the hang of how to play it.

Then they'll release a DLC and change all the rules :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011