News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Incidentally, now I guess we will wait and see before passing the final judgement, but from what we have been shown so far, isn't it amazing how Paradox apparently has managed to pull off such a good game in an entirely new setting? God knows I was very sceptical when they first announced it.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2016, 02:17:08 AM
Incidentally, now I guess we will wait and see before passing the final judgement, but from what we have been shown so far, isn't it amazing how Paradox apparently has managed to pull off such a good game in an entirely new setting? God knows I was very sceptical when they first announced it.

OK, fanboi :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I'm interested in seeing if the game has any "soul". Wiz and cKnoor have been putting a lot of effort into the roleplaying, without that effort it may be that is a fairly sterile experience?

We shall see, I hope not.

Martinus

The "anomalies" system is probably what will make it have the soul, I think.

celedhring

The roleplaying is always what made CK for me, if they managed to translate some of that into an MOO kind of game, it will be my dream made true.

Jaron

Stellaris is one of the best games I've ever played...
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on April 18, 2016, 02:54:31 AM
Stellaris is one of the best games I've ever played...

I was thinking of that. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

What's the difference between the three versions? Just bells and whistles?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on April 18, 2016, 10:55:28 AM
bells, whistles, a spider and a book
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2016, 10:58:45 AM

cheap version it is then.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

You can check out the actual details on steam. I went with the basic too since the music and extra spider character didn't move me much.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

I'm going to be very disappointed if this game sucks.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 18, 2016, 11:01:30 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2016, 10:58:45 AM

cheap version it is then.

I went that way too. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2016, 11:17:35 AM
I'm going to be very disappointed if this game sucks.

Thing is, if you have played CK and EU you already have a good idea what you are getting.  Add to that the fact they dont have to worry about achieving any historical accuracy and there is good reason to expect an excellent game experience.