Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Cultural appropriation from some space-faring race he encountered, I think.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Martinus

Ok, I decided. My first game will be the Xenophobe, Militaristic, Spiritualist Human Empire of Man.

Purge the mutant, the witch, the heretic.  :ph34r:

Habbaku

How long until a Battletech: Succession Wars mod?   :hmm:

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on March 22, 2016, 10:27:24 PM
How long until a Battletech: Succession Wars mod?   :hmm:

Dunno how that would work...BT has always been far, far, more about ground combat/mechs than about space combat.

You could put the names and shit in there, but it wouldn't have any flavor.

But I suspect your post might have been more of a joke about that fist.  :P

Habbaku

Not the fist, necessarily, but all the symbology and how the map looks are very reminiscent of BT.

I wouldn't mind a BT:SW mod, but for the same reasons you mentioned, it'd be a trick to handle.  Then again, I have no idea how ground invasions work in Stellaris at this point.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

This game really has so much potential. I can't wait for a Dune mod (the *real* Dune, not a RTS based on a single planet).

Zanza

I am looking forward to the inevitable Star Wars mod.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2016, 12:55:31 PM
This is going to get a very rare Berkut first day purchase.

Why would anyone purchase a Berkut on its first day?

Grinning_Colossus

Little malenki berkutochki are adorable. :wub:

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on March 23, 2016, 04:56:01 PM
I am looking forward to the inevitable Star Wars mod.

Star Trek would be pretty cool too.  Regular universe and the Mirror one (though I always thought that DS9's one great crime was to trash the Mirror universe with stupidity...even despite the HOTT Kira dominatrix character).