And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on April 05, 2020, 03:34:41 AM
I've never came across the evil humans in game :hmm:

I believe before the recent update they were a random chance...now if you play the UNE, the Commonwealth of Man is a sure thing.

celedhring

Just had my robot uprising happen. It hasn't been much trouble. Again, the IA hopelessly split their fleets despite starting with some decent stacks.

Is there a way to switch factions mid-game like in older Paradox games? Was tempted to play with the toasters for a moment.

Solmyr

You should get an option to switch to the rebels when the AI rebellion event first fires.

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on April 06, 2020, 04:11:26 AM
You should get an option to switch to the rebels when the AI rebellion event first fires.

Oh, I completely missed that.

Zanza

Started a new game as xenophobe, very spiritual megacorporation (randomized empire). I used Grand Admiral, but with scaling difficulty. So far the game is fun and I've found some neighbours, which are roughly as strong as I am now... let's see if they get too weak.

Something fun I found - Sol III has some kind of portal around it (I am playing with some story mods which add events etc.). I have not yet researched the portal yet.

I guess Coronavirus is the good possibility for our future...  :ph34r:

celedhring

What story mods are you using? Might go for another save once I finally complete my current one.

The synth revolution was quickly quashed but the toasters had enough time to bulldoze plenty of my infrastructure in the planets they held  :cry: so I have to spend several years rebuilding before I try to go after one of the fallen empires I neighbor (is that a good idea? Everybody else is "pathetic" to me and fighting them is just a boring chore at this point).

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2020, 12:28:33 PM
Everybody else is "pathetic" to me and fighting them is just a boring chore at this point).

Play with them a while... before annihilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QC7uMo1uPQ
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on April 07, 2020, 12:05:50 PM

I guess Coronavirus is the good possibility for our future...  :ph34r:
[that pic]

Looks to me more like someone wanted to be sure.  :P

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2020, 12:28:33 PM
What story mods are you using? Might go for another save once I finally complete my current one.

The synth revolution was quickly quashed but the toasters had enough time to bulldoze plenty of my infrastructure in the planets they held  :cry: so I have to spend several years rebuilding before I try to go after one of the fallen empires I neighbor (is that a good idea? Everybody else is "pathetic" to me and fighting them is just a boring chore at this point).

If you have a choke point with a Fallen Empire, a good strategy is to build a huge bastion right at the border that they have to come through. Load it up with an ion cannon and all the best defense platforms and other defensive buildings you can get. Then park your fleet around it. When you declare war, wait for them to come at you, so that your bastion can help with crushing their fleet. If you win, you can then analyze their debris in your system and get their tech, which will help immensely in fighting them later on.

celedhring

Indeed I do. My last war was fought exclusively to take over such a choke point.

Hopefully I have enough time to fight them before I get the endgame crisis.

Solmyr

What year are you in? Crises come only after 2450.

celedhring

2420. But I'll need a few years to rebuild my infrastructure after the robot revolt. Should be ready to have a go at them before 2430 though, that's for sure.

Berkut

The entire districts mechanic is kind of a mystery to me. Is there some way of knowing what you should build and when there?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2020, 08:45:13 AM
The entire districts mechanic is kind of a mystery to me. Is there some way of knowing what you should build and when there?

City districts: generate housing and amenities (happiness). They only generate 1 job per district, though.
Generator/Mines/Farms: generate energy, minerals or food. Don't generate as much housing as cities, but instead they generate more jobs (2).

I mix and match depending on my needs, really. I have found that you can't really specialize planets via districts too much. Then again never been that much of a min-maxer.

Solmyr

You can start specializing planets after 2300 or so, when you've expanded somewhat, your economy is stable, and you can shift things around without everything collapsing. World designations (agri-world, bureaucratic center, etc.) help with getting the most out of specialized planets, and is probably useful in the later game to create really huge outputs that are needed for massive construction projects like megastructures and arcologies. That said, the AI doesn't specialize its worlds as far as I can tell (at least when I conquer their planets, they have all kinds of random buildings all together), so it's not a big pressure on you either. Early on you mix and match because you don't have the population to support specialization yet, although it's useful to earmark certain plants as good for a particular type of resource output.

City districts generate two clerk jobs with a tradition in the Prosperity tree (which you should take generally as your third tradition tree after Expansion/Discovery, as it has great economic bonuses).