And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 16, 2019, 07:31:40 AM
It also stole Halo artwork.
Outsourcing to a country that views IP as a joke can't possiblaay go wrong.
PDH!

crazy canuck

There is a paradox sale on steam atm, if you you want to pick up some of the DLCs for this

jimmy olsen

Got Utopia & Apocalypse and played about 5 hours this morning with Fox people.

The Children of Inari are Enduring, Charismatic and Quarrelsome.
They are Spiritualist, Egalitarian and Xenophiles.
They are native to an Arctic world.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I usually play random races. Currently a machine empire which seems easy mode. All biomes have good habitability, and I don't have to worry about food or consumer goods. Ironically, I good the psionics archaeology event chain (while being surrounded by fanatical spiritualists). :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2019, 03:52:41 AM
I usually play random races. Currently a machine empire which seems easy mode. All biomes have good habitability, and I don't have to worry about food or consumer goods. Ironically, I good the psionics archaeology event chain (while being surrounded by fanatical spiritualists). :D

The first two races I've run into are xenophobic reptiles and plant people
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

I am looking forward to the Lithoids species pack they are releasing this week as it will contain new mechanics for the Lithoids. I hope they'll eventually update the Plantoids with their own mechanics as well.

The expansion has a cool feature in Origins, but I am not so sure about the Federations and Galactic Council. Let's see. I'll get it anyway, so then I will see if it adds much for my style of play. The new megastructures sound interesting, but megastructures at the moment come way too late for me. By then I am typically already dominant in the galaxy.

Josquius

It is weird the plant species back was just aesthetics. It doesn't seem so hard to give them some basic mechanics- they have a lower food consumption rate but also need to consume energy. Bam.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Lithoid portraits:

Disappointed there's none looking like the ravenous crystal lizards from Dark Souls III :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

So, Empire sprawl...I should ignore that right? Looks like the gains will exceed the penalty.

1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2019, 07:01:38 PM
So, Empire sprawl...I should ignore that right? Looks like the gains will exceed the penalty.

Unless you get really good resources in return - yep.

Agelastus

The New Launcher is really buggy; it usually takes two tries to successfully launch it on my PC.

Doesn't help that the new launcher is god-awful to look at and use as well, of course.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Agelastus on October 25, 2019, 12:58:55 PM
The New Launcher is really buggy; it usually takes two tries to successfully launch it on my PC.

Doesn't help that the new launcher is god-awful to look at and use as well, of course.
At least in the old days when something sucked they had the claim of being too small and having to meet strict deadlines to remain solvent. Now I think they are just too lazy to do in house QA.
PDH!