And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2016, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 01, 2016, 04:21:23 PM
Definitely not paying for that.  Like HOI4, it'll probably be a good game in about 4 years after 8-10 DLCs.  Probably.

That is my view as well.  I was willing to pay for both games initially because I like the concepts so I will support them.  But in both cases the execution was poor.

I'm not sure I agree on Stellaris. I don't think the execution was poor just was one that got stale fairly quick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Give distant worlds, a game that came out in 2010, a spin and compare.  And with a couple of expansions released a couple of years ago it's way better, but very complex.

Was pretty disappointed in my purchase to be honest with you.  I was very excited for the release.  <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2016, 10:13:24 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2016, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 01, 2016, 04:21:23 PM
Definitely not paying for that.  Like HOI4, it'll probably be a good game in about 4 years after 8-10 DLCs.  Probably.

That is my view as well.  I was willing to pay for both games initially because I like the concepts so I will support them.  But in both cases the execution was poor.

I'm not sure I agree on Stellaris. I don't think the execution was poor just was one that got stale fairly quick.

Well any game that is only good through the first 40 our so turns and then becomes boring for the remainder is not particular well executed.

garbon

I don't know. That still gives you a pretty decent time to value ratio.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2016, 01:26:57 PM
I don't know. That still gives you a pretty decent time to value ratio.

I agree with that.  The initial purchase price is well worth the money I spent on the game.  I just don't want to sink more into the game until it matures a bit.

garbon

jimmy olsen

If I play more than hours than I spent in dollars I figure it's worth it, and I've definitely reached that threshold with Stellaris.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Stellaris has been the best value for a game I've gotten for a straight up buy it game since probably EUII (or whichever one it was we actually played live a bunch).

I'll buy the expansions and DLC. Except for plant based ones.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2016, 02:22:29 AM
If I play more than hours than I spent in dollars I figure it's worth it, and I've definitely reached that threshold with Stellaris.

That's my totally random "good purchase" meter too.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on October 04, 2016, 08:07:29 AM
Stellaris has been the best value for a game I've gotten for a straight up buy it game since probably EUII (or whichever one it was we actually played live a bunch).

I'll buy the expansions and DLC. Except for plant based ones.

Not a fan of CK2!? :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

QuoteStockholm - October 10th, 2016 - Paradox Interactive today announced the release date and retail price for Leviathans, the upcoming Story Pack for their critically acclaimed strategy game Stellaris. Featuring a host of new content such as Guardians, Enclaves, or the fearsome "War in Heaven", Leviathans is the first Story Pack to be released for one of 2016's biggest strategy hits. Leviathans will be available on Windows, Mac and Linux PCs on October 20th, 2016, priced at $9.99 or local equivalent.

Coupled with the release of Leviathans will be the traditional free update, dubbed "Heinlein". Containing upgrades and improvements for all players, just some of the highlights include:
A convenient Auto-Explore feature.
Rally points for your freshly-assembled Navy.
The Expansion Planner Interface.
An overhaul of Strategic Resources.
Clearer specialization/role for ship types.
More options for customizing new galaxies.
New smarter Sector Governors.

I'll buy it. Seems to be a fair price point. Especially compared to the ridiculously expensive plant alien pack earlier.

celedhring

Yeah, that's a very reasonable price. I'll probably wait a few weeks for patches, though.

garbon

Berkut

Yeah, I'll wait...oh who am I kidding? I will get it the day it is released.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon