News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 03:33:13 AM
I have to agree with CC. This could have been a good game but they just dropped the wall. I have no interest in playing the game until they overhaul mid game.

So you agree with the fact that it is hard to look for news at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php as well?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2016, 04:17:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 03:33:13 AM
I have to agree with CC. This could have been a good game but they just dropped the wall. I have no interest in playing the game until they overhaul mid game.

So you agree with the fact that it is hard to look for news at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php as well?

You understand the difference between it being difficult and it not being worth the click right?

garbon

Which is why I won't be posting news for you. I'm not your slave..
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I agree with CC that as things stand now (especially with their first plant skins "expansion pack"), Stellaris is not the game worth following in terms of further development, if that's what he is saying.

celedhring

I'd actually be pretty annoyed if they had released a content DLC at this point, instead of fixing stuff in free patches.

The starship changes look decent on paper, btw. Opens up ships with specialized roles and mixed fleets being viable (even required).

Darth Wagtaros

My game has turned into doing nothing but burning out Scourge infested planets. ALl the fucking while their constructors wander into my space and build space stations that I have to go smoke out, constantly.
PDH!

celedhring

I guess I could sympathize if I mustered enough willpower to finish a game. :P

I have north of 60 hours in Stellaris, but I abandon most games around midgame and just start anew with some different ethos.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on August 19, 2016, 06:58:27 AM
I guess I could sympathize if I mustered enough willpower to finish a game. :P

I have north of 60 hours in Stellaris, but I abandon most games around midgame and just start anew with some different ethos.
Same. I don't know if I even get to midgame. But I do really enjoy that first bit.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

It is kind of a pattern with the game sadly.  Build space stations with subspace snare to in every fucking system to stop their constructors. Wander around with several fleets destroying infested planets. No AI puts up any kind of fight against the Scourge or Unbidden or whatever.  At all. So by the time I get to the point that I can sucessfully fight them they have taken over most of the galaxy.
PDH!

Berkut

It is kind of weird - I can't really dispute the particulars of the complaints, but...

Well, I really like the game. The flaws are real, but despite them I find myself interested in playing anyway. I abandon games regularly once they reach a point where they are not terribly interesting anymore, for whatever reason (including a couple where I simply lost).

I have found that to really get the game to be interesting, you as the player has to drive it in some fashion. If you just sit back and let things happen, you can do really well without much of anything actually happening until one of the late game meta-crisis break out.

But if you actively engage the other civilizations, and really shove yourself into the mix, declare wars, try to break up alliance, have the balls to put together an alliance and actually go to war with other big alliances, it is a lot of fun.

I am very optimistic that they will continue to drive the content to make the game drive the player more, rather than the other way around. But I have something like 300 hours played, and have more than gotten my money's worth so far, IMO.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

I've found a mod that adds new ship classes and add on modules that does improve things.  So there is that.  I guess I just was hoping that the later game would be as exciting as the start. 
PDH!

Josquius

I for one am boycotting this game.
err...girlcotting.

http://jezebel.com/why-isnt-it-called-no-womans-sky-1785411230

edit- how the hell did it end up here :blink:
I was in no mans sky thread
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on August 19, 2016, 10:46:18 AM
It is kind of weird - I can't really dispute the particulars of the complaints, but...

Well, I really like the game. The flaws are real, but despite them I find myself interested in playing anyway. I abandon games regularly once they reach a point where they are not terribly interesting anymore, for whatever reason (including a couple where I simply lost).

I have found that to really get the game to be interesting, you as the player has to drive it in some fashion. If you just sit back and let things happen, you can do really well without much of anything actually happening until one of the late game meta-crisis break out.

But if you actively engage the other civilizations, and really shove yourself into the mix, declare wars, try to break up alliance, have the balls to put together an alliance and actually go to war with other big alliances, it is a lot of fun.

I am very optimistic that they will continue to drive the content to make the game drive the player more, rather than the other way around. But I have something like 300 hours played, and have more than gotten my money's worth so far, IMO.

What a wonderfully passive aggressive post.  Your theory that we do not enjoy the game because we just are not up to playing it as well as you or alternatively don't have the balls is not particularly compelling.