I was expecting 18k.
I'm doomed.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: chipwich on July 28, 2016, 02:47:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2016, 04:25:50 PM
You guys act like the game is broken or somehow crippled. It is perfectly fine, and works great - at least on my machine.

There is plenty of room for more of course, but in its state right now it is the best 4x game I've ever played.

The victory conditions are broken/entirely unfun. Games need to have some endpoint or else they are broken. My game has completely stagnated with my civ constantly researching the repeatable techs. It would take me 1000 hours to conquer the galaxy. It's incomplete.

And that's before getting into all the broken mechanics with sector management and general micromanagement that I'd rather chew my arm off than continue my game.

Agreed.  It is ironic given the fact they specifically turned their minds to how to solve the usual problem of 4x end games.  But the solution they have come up with so far is far worse than the problem they set out to solve.   The victory conditions create a mindless paint the map game with poor game mechanics.  Not at all the CK in space that was advertised.

celedhring

Yeah, definitely the game needs more victory conditions. I'm not that interested in paint the map (I might play once with that objective), and that's usually the reason I never see my Stellaris games through the end, even though I do enjoy the first decades or so immensely.

Josquius

But then whats the goal in any paradox game?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah I don't think it's victory conditions they need to change. Just things like they have with EU where you get tasks etc. Something to keep you occupied in the game. As I'm the same I love setting up and the first few decades then I quit and start again.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

EU games have an end date. So unless you plan on playing until the end of days, Stellaris needs victory conditions. Plus, let's be honest, stuff like diplomacy or the economic system aren't fleshed out enough to give that many alternatives to straight military-oriented gameplay.

celedhring

garbon

One issue I have with that is that the lead artist seems to have bit off more than he can chew. Many of his alien races, well to be charitable, they are butt ugly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

He seems to have used vanilla humans as basis, and Stellaris humans look terrible on their own right.

Solmyr

But Star Trek aliens were just ugly humans with various foreheads.

garbon

I was talking more about his ferengi and other such races which seem like a bit weak on the photoshopping from their sources.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Just had a look at that star trek mod.
Early days and certainly incomplete but looks on the right path. I particularly like the giant solar systems it uses, should allow for some actual tactics with fleet maneuvering (some).
I do worry somewhat though given the way Stellaris does federations. The federation probably won't be much of a federation.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Have they fixed the problem of it being impossible to meet the victory conditions as a federation?

Phillip V

Check out first page of Stellaris forum.  Plantoids was clearly a marketing fail.  :o

Berkut

Yeah, it is just a terrible DLC. I am totally uninterested in more plant species, it adds zero interesting gameplay, and was visibly in the game previously.

It's like they TRIED to come up with DLC to piss people off...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned