I need a new keyboard. One that isn't retarded.

Started by viper37, July 28, 2015, 05:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I had the Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard & Mouse combo both at home and in the office.
Unfortunately, it's a little bit used.  The mouse is almost destroyed, wouldn't have last long.
Some of the keys on the kb are erased, but I don't really care, I know my keys.

So, I bought M$ last offering in the ergonomic kb department, the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.  I read some reviews, reviewers were in awe, compared it to my old set.  Unfortunately, it is totally not the same.

The keyboard is flat, with an optional mount on the front.  I hate that.  I want my kb to be set up totally right, so it needs support on the back.
I want big keys, not the smallish stuff you give to kids and secretaries with light fingers.
I want a big mouse, again, not that small fragile thing.

Does it exist anything comparable to my old comfort keyboard&mouse or is it just small things nowadays?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Norgy

I'd be interested to know too.

My last "good" keyboard was a Steelseries one of the most plain model. It was good for both gaming and typing. I bought a new one and proceeded to fill it with so much fluid and dust it doesn't work anymore.  :Embarrass:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

I like my rather cheap Logitech MK700 set. Not as ergonomic, but sufficiently big and not douchy, the very few extra buttons are actually helpful. :o
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

My old kb set sells for 500$ on Amazon.ca  :wacko:

I found this one that does not look so bad.  I'll have to investigate.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on July 30, 2015, 12:27:05 AM
My old kb set sells for 500$ on Amazon.ca  :wacko:

I found this one that does not look so bad.  I'll have to investigate.

And we got on Malthus for $2000 strollers.  Can we just start a meme about viper's gold-plated PC hardware already? :P
Experience bij!

viper37

That would be valid if Malthus paid 200$ for a certain stroller model that was now worth 2000$ on Ebay ;)