Main Menu

HAY GUISE! - The Ed Anger Deathwatch Thread

Started by Ed Anger, July 21, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Well I'm glad you're now thoroughly on the mend. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Spent a few hours in the ER today. Mysterious bruise equals ER visit. No exceptions.

After draining mah blood, everything checked out.

Other news: I can walk about a mile without wanting to pass out. I am a cranky bastard after a walk like that. The restricted diet bullshit is making me a cranky pants lately. Tried grilled catfish.as a substitute for fried catfish. BARF
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

So do you take anything like milk thistle or any of those things people do to cleanse their liver or is it too late for that?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I don't do that kind of stuff. I'm on way too many meds to even think about it.

Plus the damage is irreversible. I can only try to keep it from getting worse.

Tonitrus

Is a transplant a possibility, or is it more extensive than that?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 04, 2015, 11:47:09 PM

Maybe in the future if it gets worse. If I don't fully regain my strength, I may not be put on the list since I wouldn't survive the surgery. Recovery from being 'de-conditioned' is SLOW.

I've got 2 years at least and if I don't fuck it up, I might see my kids graduate from High school.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2015, 08:20:04 PM
Also, a pic from a recent driving trip with some friends:

I really like this photo.  I just like the look on Adolf's face.

"Say something motherfucker, I dare you".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2015, 11:53:36 PM
I've got 2 years at least and if I don't fuck it up, I might see my kids graduate from High school.

Damn dude. I hope it's the second one and that your youngest is willing to take one for the team and fail high school for several decades at least, to keep his (her?) old pa sticking around.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2015, 11:53:36 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 04, 2015, 11:47:09 PM

Maybe in the future if it gets worse. If I don't fully regain my strength, I may not be put on the list since I wouldn't survive the surgery. Recovery from being 'de-conditioned' is SLOW.

Damn, I thought you had painted a rosier picture than this. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2015, 11:31:29 PM
Spent a few hours in the ER today. Mysterious bruise equals ER visit. No exceptions.

After draining mah blood, everything checked out.

Other news: I can walk about a mile without wanting to pass out. I am a cranky bastard after a walk like that. The restricted diet bullshit is making me a cranky pants lately. Tried grilled catfish.as a substitute for fried catfish. BARF

Man, talk about a hair shirt.  Out of curiosity, why grilled and not baked?  You could probably get closer that way.

Also, if you're half as stubborn and ornery at the liver as you are at us, I have every confidence you'll see the youngest through college, let alone high school. :hug:
Experience bij!

Tamas

For some reason I managed to not open this thread until now.

After reading through it, I would like to keep it short and reflect only on the most important point:

Proper Hungarian goulash is not a stew. It's a soup

Hamilcar

There's a company out there working on 3D printing livers. Just saying.

Monoriu

Quote from: Tamas on November 05, 2015, 03:13:38 AM
For some reason I managed to not open this thread until now.

After reading through it, I would like to keep it short and reflect only on the most important point:

Proper Hungarian goulash is not a stew. It's a soup

Stew tastes better  :P

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure what's the difference.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point