News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New MacBook Pro?

Started by Martinus, July 16, 2015, 07:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Have you guys heard any rumours about Apple introducing new/upgraded MacBook Pro in near future? I tried searching online but found nothing conclusive. I am considering getting one (I only have a desktop at the moment) but would not want to buy it if a new one is to be issued relatively soon (within the next 4-6 months).

Grey Fox

Apple releases new products in the fall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

They just released the latest version back in May, I'd hazard not till after the holidays will there be another one.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on July 16, 2015, 08:20:42 AM
They just released the latest version back in May, I'd hazard not till after the holidays will there be another one.

I'm generally happy to wait until September/October, but probably not until next year.

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on July 16, 2015, 09:10:56 AM
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac

Get the MacBook Pro 12" or the Retina ones.

Thanks, it is very helpful. And yeah, I was going to get one of the new ones. :)

Barrister

Okay, so Apple has a really strong relationship with Intel, and is often one of the first (or is the first) to get their hands on new Intel processors.

That broke down with the last round of Intel processors, Broadwell.  Intel had real trouble getting these processors out, and the ones that did went first towards low-power computers like tablets.  As a result Apple waited and waited before finally bringing out Broadwell-equipped Macs in June.

Intel is now scheduled to bring out its new processors, Sky Lane, next month in August.  As a result it is just slightly possible that Apple comes out with new MacBooks or iMacs very shortly thereafter.

However, the better bet is that there aren't new Macs until next year.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.