And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Omar Sharif

Started by Syt, July 10, 2015, 08:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2015, 09:04:12 AM
RIP.  Didn't know he was still alive.

On that note, I discovered the other day that Olivia de Havilland is still alive. :blink:

She's the only main character who dies in "Gone with the Wind" yet IRL outlived all the other main characters.

RIP Omar
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

QuoteShe's the only main character who dies in "Gone with the Wind" yet IRL outlived all the other main characters.

By almost 50 years :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2015, 01:46:33 PM
QuoteShe's the only main character who dies in "Gone with the Wind" yet IRL outlived all the other main characters.

By almost 50 years :lol:

Scarlett and Rhett died in the 60s ,but Ashley made it to 1989.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Leslie Howard, Ashley, was shot down by the Germans in World War II.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2015, 01:52:09 PM
Leslie Howard, Ashley, was shot down by the Germans in World War II.

:Embarrass:

My mistake; I had confused Vivien Leigh's real life husband Laurence Olivier with her on screen crush.

Duque de Bragança

The scholar survivor of the Sack of Magdeburg really died this time. He had been in a bad shape with Alzheimer for a while now but that's still a great loss.
RIP