HSBC fires 6 employees who staged mock ISIL execution as team-building exercise

Started by jimmy olsen, July 07, 2015, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

How stupid can you get? Mind boggling!?  :wacko:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/hsbc-fires-six-employees-who-staged-a-mock-isil-execution-as-a-team-building-exercise

QuoteHSBC fires six employees who staged a mock ISIL execution as a team-building exercise

The Associated Press | July 7, 2015 9:51 AM ET

LONDON — HSBC has fired six employees who staged a mock Islamic State-style killing during a team-building exercise.

The Sun newspaper reported Tuesday the footage posted online showed five workers wearing overalls and balaclavas laughing as a South Asian colleague wearing an orange jumpsuit knelt at their feet.

One held a coat hanger as a pretend knife while another held the kneeling man by the shoulders. One employee then yells "Allahu Akbar!" — Arabic for "God is great" — a phrase often used before ISIL hostages are slain.

HSBC says in a statement it had fired those involved in the "abhorrent" video as soon as the Sun brought it to their attention. The company apologized for any offence the video caused.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

:lmfao:  The best part is that this is a "team building exercise".

As an HSBC shareholder, I am pleased about the cost cutting and PR move  :bowler:

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I bet if they were actual British Muslim people filming a video on how they support a world Caliphate they wouldn't be fired.

But maybe I have a wrong idea about British companies. :P

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Hopefully, the 6 go on to form their own anti-HSBC cell.  They're my least favorite bank, having fucked up my credit over twelve bucks after I had (thought) I'd closed an account of around $6k.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Richard Hakluyt

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2015, 09:35:03 AM
Hopefully, the 6 go on to form their own anti-HSBC cell.  They're my least favorite bank, having fucked up my credit over twelve bucks after I had (thought) I'd closed an account of around $6k.

I for one find it odd that there is some behaviour HSBC considers unacceptable.

Ideologue

I mean, if you're going to default, default large, and never make a partial payment or promise to repay.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 08, 2015, 09:35:38 AM
Lighten up guys, what a boring fucking world we are creating.

I agree--assuming the team building was to create an act in a skit, it was probably rather hilarious.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2015, 09:35:03 AM

They gave me a credit card when I had no credit history! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on July 08, 2015, 09:42:04 AM

I agree--assuming the team building was to create an act in a skit, it was probably rather hilarious.

I assumed it was to demonstrate what would happen if you missed a payment.  :ph34r:

Come to think of it, that would be awesomely hilarious.  ;)

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2015, 09:52:37 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 08, 2015, 09:42:04 AM

I assumed it was to demonstrate what would happen if you missed a payment.  :ph34r:

Come to think of it, that would be awesomely hilarious.  ;)

:D