News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most boring country in Europe

Started by Josquius, July 07, 2015, 06:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which country* is the most boring in Europe?

Belgium
4 (9.5%)
Finland
1 (2.4%)
Iceland
5 (11.9%)
Ireland
1 (2.4%)
Luxembourg
11 (26.2%)
Slovakia
3 (7.1%)
Slovenia
2 (4.8%)
Switzerland
13 (31%)
Norway
1 (2.4%)
Other
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2015, 09:22:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:14:47 AM
I remember Slovenia because in 1915 the Italians had to cross Slovenia to take Trieste and Franz Joseph asked his generals if the Slovenes would die to protect the Monarchy. According to legend the Slavic Austrian general Boroevic declared that the Slovenes would be bled white before they would let the hated Italians cross the Isonzo. And damned if he was not right. So I guess they are distinguished by their hatred for Italians.

Slovenia has the honor of being the only piece of Yugoslavia the Serbs didn't care to fight for.

They didn't fight for Macedonia either. Milosevic had no problem letting both of them go as neither had a sizeable Serbian minority on them. He even consider it good that they left because that way he could control the Federal council of Yugoslavia better.

MadImmortalMan

Voted Iceland. There can't be much to do there.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Norgy

From personal experience, Belgium was the most boring country I have visited. Switzerland, however, wins it. Just because.
Tyr is also added to The List for daring to propose Finland, Norway and Iceland as boring while failing to add places like Lithuania, Bulgaria and Moldova.

No country in the former Yugoslavian state can be considered boring.

Martinus

During WW2 Slovakia had a nazi-friendly government headed by a Catholic priest. That's hardly boring. :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2015, 10:41:16 AM
During WW2 Slovakia had a nazi-friendly government headed by a Catholic priest. That's hardly boring. :P

:angry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Slovakia had a fascist state under a Catholic Bishop, that was cool.

:hug:

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2015, 10:41:16 AM

:angry:

Why are you angry? :P

Valmy

So their supposedly famous theatre stuff. Is it shit? Because I just presumed it was shit.

QuoteWhy are you angry?

Because you clearly didn't read my post  :( :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

They are supposedly famous for their theatre which is a pretty fucking lame thing to famous for, especially when it is all in Slovak. But maybe Marty or Tamas could let me know if my views on this topic are misplaced and in fact the plays of Slovakia are an international treasure the whole world should partake in.

Never heard of any Slovak play. :P

Valmy

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 10:43:19 AM
So their supposedly famous theatre stuff. Is it shit? Because I just presumed it was shit.

QuoteWhy are you angry?

Because you clearly didn't read my post  :( :P

I usually respond and then read the rest of the thread. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:14:47 AMI remember Slovenia because in 1915 the Italians had to cross Slovenia to take Trieste and Franz Joseph asked his generals if the Slovenes would die to protect the Monarchy. According to legend the Slavic Austrian general Boroevic declared that the Slovenes would be bled white before they would let the hated Italians cross the Isonzo. And damned if he was not right. So I guess they are distinguished by their hatred for Italians.

That's like being distinguished by one's hatred of spoiled fish.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Norgy on July 07, 2015, 10:38:14 AM
From personal experience, Belgium was the most boring country I have visited. Switzerland, however, wins it. Just because.
Tyr is also added to The List for daring to propose Finland, Norway and Iceland as boring while failing to add places like Lithuania, Bulgaria and Moldova.

No country in the former Yugoslavian state can be considered boring.

Belgium has great beer and so cannot, by definition, be boring.  Norway on the other hand, you see one fiord you have seen them all.  :P

Brezel

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011