News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most boring country in Europe

Started by Josquius, July 07, 2015, 06:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which country* is the most boring in Europe?

Belgium
4 (9.5%)
Finland
1 (2.4%)
Iceland
5 (11.9%)
Ireland
1 (2.4%)
Luxembourg
11 (26.2%)
Slovakia
3 (7.1%)
Slovenia
2 (4.8%)
Switzerland
13 (31%)
Norway
1 (2.4%)
Other
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Josquius

* with a population of over 100,000 of course, lest Liechtenstein or Andorra  run away with it.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Voted for Slovakia.  Other countries fought wars to obtain their independence.  Slovakia didn't even have a quarrel before breaking up with Czech Republic. 

The Larch

Switzerland is going to run away with this like the road runner.

Duque de Bragança

Switzerland is the only real contender in this one.

Liep

At least Switzerland has dramatic landscapes. I vote Luxembourg.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Outside of members of the titular House of Luxembourg I cannot name a single famous person from Luxembourg. At least the Swiss have William Tell, Swiss Guards, and Nazi Gold. The Swiss might be the least friendly people I have ever met and I spent considerable amounts of time in France and Germany so if I think you are a cold asshole you really had to work for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 07:09:28 AM
Outside of members of the titular House of Luxembourg I cannot name a single famous person from Luxembourg. At least the Swiss have William Tell, Swiss Guards, and Nazi Gold.

We are partially at the mercy of someone from there, though.  :P

And Luxembourg is barely a country anyway. There are suburbs of European capitals with more population than it.

celedhring

I voted Luxemburg, but I would lump it with the Andorras and Liechtesteins of this world, tbf.

Switzerland at least has got the bouts of xenophobia and cuckoo clocks.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2015, 07:45:14 AM
I voted Luxemburg, but I would lump it with the Andorras and Liechtesteins of this world, tbf.

Switzerland at least has got the bouts of xenophobia and cuckoo clocks.

Channeling Sav:

QuoteIn Italy, for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

celedhring

I was mocking that quote, you know  :P

Cuckoo clocks weren't even invented by the Swiss. They're German IIRC.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2015, 08:15:17 AM
I was mocking that quote, you know  :P

Cuckoo clocks weren't even invented by the Swiss. They're German IIRC.

I always presumed it came from the Black Forest; at least that's the general assumption in Germany.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Switzerland wins this by a landslide. Luxembourg is not a proper country.

Valmy

The Swiss did kill Charles the Bold, thus changing the history of Europe forever. That was cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on July 07, 2015, 08:19:48 AM
Switzerland wins this by a landslide. Luxembourg is not a proper country.

What does that make Malta?

Richard Hakluyt

Cultural appropriation by the dastardly Swiss...........typical  :mad: