Chinese stock market crash; has the bubble finally burst?

Started by jimmy olsen, July 03, 2015, 09:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

citizen k

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2015, 12:37:52 AM
Nationalize corporations.  Problem solved.
They've decided to go down the corporatize nations route.

Monoriu

Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2015, 11:55:43 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2015, 11:11:04 PM
Plus the connection between a popping stock market bubble and austerity is tenuous to nonexistent.

Popping stock market will result in lower revenues, lower revenues result in defict spending, and we cure deficit spending by austerity.  Or at least theoretically.

It wasn't that long ago that China did not have a stock market at all.  The Chinese government does not depend on the stock market for revenue collection. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on July 06, 2015, 12:59:20 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2015, 11:55:43 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2015, 11:11:04 PM
Plus the connection between a popping stock market bubble and austerity is tenuous to nonexistent.

Popping stock market will result in lower revenues, lower revenues result in defict spending, and we cure deficit spending by austerity.  Or at least theoretically.

It wasn't that long ago that China did not have a stock market at all.  The Chinese government does not depend on the stock market for revenue collection.

No... but if business go under or people have less money to spend then revenues will go down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Wow

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/05/investing/china-stocks-crash/

QuoteAccording to Oxford Economics, shares may have to fall another 35% or so to bring them into line with long-term averages.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on July 05, 2015, 10:54:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2015, 10:49:30 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 04, 2015, 01:47:49 AM
I am ready to buy when it hits bottom.  I can't wait  :menace:

Maybe they'll try austerity and fire a bunch of civil service employees.

Once again you fail to distinguish between Hong Kong and China.  Our public finances are separate, our stock markets are separate, and our civil service systems are separate.

But at least the tanks are not.  :)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on July 05, 2015, 11:58:39 PM
Corporate taxation is double taxation.

I have to pay taxes why shouldn't corporate people pay them? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Once again you fail to distinguish between Hong Kong and China.  Our public finances are separate, our stock markets are separate, and our civil service systems are separate.
:hmm: Hypothetically speaking, if China were to borrow that nice big sovereign wealth fund HK is having, how long would it last it?  You know, during a rainy day?

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 06, 2015, 07:05:56 AM

Nationalize peanut butter cups

Nationalize Normandy. We did it once and their shore defenses are far weaker this time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2015, 08:04:48 AM
:hmm: Hypothetically speaking, if China were to borrow that nice big sovereign wealth fund HK is having, how long would it last it?  You know, during a rainy day?

HK used to be 15% of China's GDP.  Those days are long gone.  Our fund is peanuts compared to theirs now.  That should stop them from having funny ideas.   :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2015, 08:43:33 AM
Nationalize Normandy. We did it once and their shore defenses are far weaker this time.

That was the plan but fortunately the Allies never had to bother with an occupation. De Gaulle's people took control almost as soon as the Allies moved in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2015, 07:26:13 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 05, 2015, 04:46:50 PM
Well, I really hope the chinese bubble keeps going. We all know is a effing fake as can possibly be bubble, but the burst will hurt every body. (My family have a few shekels invested in Chinese assets).

Lolz, you've just validated every CdM "Siege is selling us out to the Chinese" joke ever made.  :P

Not to nitpick, but if Siege owns Chinese shares, it's more the case of the Chinese selling out to the International Jewry. :P

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 06, 2015, 02:17:38 AM
Wow

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/05/investing/china-stocks-crash/

QuoteAccording to Oxford Economics, shares may have to fall another 35% or so to bring them into line with long-term averages.

I don't understand this, most of these stocks haven't been around for very long.  There is no long-term historical average.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2015, 08:43:33 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 06, 2015, 07:05:56 AM

Nationalize peanut butter cups

Nationalize Blu-Rays
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive