The Greeks will vote No but should vote Yes
16 (36.4%)
The Greeks will vote Yes but should vote No
6 (13.6%)
The Greeks will vote Yes and should vote Yes
4 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Zanza

As you know, there'll be a referendum on the deal between the Troika and Greece on the weekend.

No means the deal is rejected
Yes means it is accepted

What do you think the outcome will be and what should it be?

Admiral Yi

Your poll is too confusing.  :D

Admiral Yi

They should vote no because they really need to default and start all over again. 

They will vote no because they think lifting the yoke of German oppression will usher in an era of rainbows and unicorns.

What exactly is going on with the capital controls?  Have all bank accounts been frozen?  Limited daily withdrawals?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2015, 04:20:56 PM

What exactly is going on with the capital controls?  Have all bank accounts been frozen?  Limited daily withdrawals?

Banks are closed. ATMs limited to 60 euro/day.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Greece will disintegrate and be reduced to isolated city-states, easy pickings for any major empire that happens to come along.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Greek tax laws are so full of loopholes, everything needs to be burned down to be fixed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Interesting answers. I feel special being the only one in my category.  :lol:

Monoriu

They should vote yes but they will vote no. 

They'll never fix their problems if they go it alone.  They need outside pressure to curb excessive spending, which is the fundamental problem.  But they will vote no, because humans don't think in terms of the actual proposals on the table.  Nobody cares about those.  What matters is that "the big guys are bullying us, and we need to say no". 

Grallon

They should default, if only to weaken the banksters' cabal that runs Europe.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2015, 04:38:21 PM
Greece will disintegrate and be reduced to isolated city-states, easy pickings for any major empire that happens to come along.

Erdogan needs a popularity boost after the last election. This is his chance to unify cyprus with turkey. All of cyprus. Who will do anything?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Quote from: alfred russel on July 02, 2015, 10:44:21 PM

Erdogan needs a popularity boost after the last election. This is his chance to unify cyprus with turkey. All of cyprus. Who will do anything?

Cyprus is a EU member state. Why would Erdogan attack the EU?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2015, 11:05:49 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 02, 2015, 10:44:21 PM

Cyprus is a EU member state. Why would Erdogan attack the EU?

In reality, no. Also, it would help if russia backed him up, and russia wont do that over cyprus.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

The thinking process is wrong.  The Greeks keep thinking, well, I need $10 to pay pensions, to buy military hardware and train an army to fight the Turks, to hire civil servants to buy votes serve the country etc.  I need to figure out how to finance these, i.e. find the $10 by borrowing, taxing, etc etc.  This is wrong.

The correct way to think is, I have $3.  The most important thing to me is xxx, and this costs $3.  That's it, sorry folks, we don't have money for the rest.  The Turks can take Cyprus if they want to.

Martinus

Mono, you do realize that country budgets are not big household budgets right?