And the city with the most dangerous neighborhood in the US is...

Started by derspiess, June 23, 2009, 10:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Cincinnati!  Take that, Seedy & Sav :D

Over-the-Rhine (as featured in the film "Traffic") to be exact.  Sad that what was once a clean, orderly immigrant neighborhood is now such a cesspool.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Over-the-Rhine-Most-Dangerous-Neighborhood-in-U-S/S_ZVE9utW0OmcH1WTxsKlA.cspx

Over-the-Rhine Most Dangerous Neighborhood in U.S.

* Neighborhoodscout.com list of Dangerous Cities

A website which provides crime data for insurance companies says the Over-the-Rhine area is the most dangerous neighborhood in the United States.

NeighborhoodScout.com says it used proprietary computer models to estimate incidences of violent crimes, including murder, non-negligent manslaughter, rape, armed robbery and aggravated assault, for every sub-zip code neighborhood in the U.S. The crime statistics come from local law enforcement agencies and the F.B.I. for the years 2005-2007.

Using their model, Neighborhoodscout.com ranks the zip codes 45210 and 45214, in Over-the-Rhine, as number one most dangerous in the United States.

The website says your chances of becoming a victim of crime in OTR over the course of one year, are 1 in 4.

The next four most dangerous neighborhoods, according to Neighborhoodscout.com, are found in Chicago, Miami, Jacksonville, FL, and Baltimore, Maryland.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Having been there a year or two ago (we made a wrong turn  :Embarrass: ), I don't doubt it for a moment. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Congratulations, Cincy  :)

Apparently Detroit's great white hope, Delray, didn't even make the top 5.   :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on June 23, 2009, 10:44:43 AMApparently Detroit's great white hope, Delray, didn't even make the top 5.
Not surprised.  What is there left to steal in Detroit?  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on June 23, 2009, 10:45:29 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 23, 2009, 10:44:43 AMApparently Detroit's great white hope, Delray, didn't even make the top 5.
Not surprised.  What is there left to steal in Detroit?  :blush:

You'd be surprised.  For instance one night a gang of thieves stole all the sewer grates and manhole covers in Delray.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 23, 2009, 10:35:04 AM
Having been there a year or two ago (we made a wrong turn  :Embarrass: ), I don't doubt it for a moment. :bleeding:

I always drive through there, Clark Griswold style, when I've giving visiting friends/in-laws a tour of the city.

Ironically, some of the best bars in Cincy are in OTR, though it's been a while since I've gone out there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

I was shocked, SHOCKED, to discover that the most dangerous neighbourhood in the country is also a black neighbourhood.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I stay out of Cincy as much as I can. And Cleveland. Hell, and Middletucky too. And Gettysburg Ave and 3rd street in Dayton.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

The next four most dangerous neighborhoods, according to Neighborhoodscout.com, are found in Chicago, Miami, Jacksonville, FL, and Baltimore, Maryland.

Poor show west coast.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 23, 2009, 02:19:14 PM
I stay out of Cincy as much as I can. And Cleveland. Hell, and Middletucky too. And Gettysburg Ave and 3rd street in Dayton.

To save time I suggest you just avoid Ohio.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on June 23, 2009, 03:25:32 PM

:yawn:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 23, 2009, 03:25:32 PM

There does seem to be an inordinate amount of blacks there, doesn't there?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.