Turkey considers invading Syria to fight the Kurds

Started by jimmy olsen, June 28, 2015, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

This is not the whey to bring peace to the region.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Well get off your tuffet and do something about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

:(

I bet if a spider sat down beside you, you'd take action.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2015, 09:48:30 AM
It is hard to have much sympathy for the governments in the area for these horrors when their responses are so bizarre. ISIS seems to be just politics as usual to them and not something worth considerable hand wringing. It makes you wonder why we fret so much.
I think it was Berkut, discussing Game of Thrones, that remarked that the Night Watch must have had a collective suicide wish for executing Jon Snow, the only one that could save them for the White Walkers.  And I remarked that it wasn't unheard of in history that some people considered their ancestral ennemy to be the bigger threat than the new one. 

This is a prime example.  The Irakis Sunnis did the same with ISIS, one tribal chief publicly boasting that they'd get rid of Isis themselves once Maliki was gone.  Strangely, he seems to have found a premature death, along many others who share his feeling.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.