Man decapitated in apparent Islamist attack at French factory

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 26, 2015, 05:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Two nutters for the price of one. New gruesome modus operandi with the decapitation after the explosion (?!).

http://www.france24.com/en/20150626-live-terrorist-attack-souteast-france-islamic-state-decapitated-explosion

QuoteOne person has been killed and several injured in an attack on a factory near Grenoble in southeast France. According to local reports, an Islamist flag has been found at the site.

According to regional daily Le Dauphiné Libéré, the attacker entered the factory, owned by company Air Products in the town of Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, claiming he belonged to the Islamic State (IS) group.

According to the report, the man opened gas bottles and set off an explosion. The newspaper also states that one victim was decapitated and several others injured.

Police sources told the AFP news agency that a man suspected of being behind the attack had been arrested.

PS: attack took place in a "low" Seveso site (industrial hazards possible but limited amounts of dangerous chemical material), near Lyon. Edited since new details appeared.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Archy

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on June 26, 2015, 05:27:43 AM
Probably a CSA nut.

Make it two

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2015/06/26/un-mort-et-plusieurs-blesses-dans-un-attentat-en-isere_4662489_3224.html

QuoteUne personne est morte et au moins deux ont été blessées dans un attentat commis contre une usine de gaz industriels à Saint-Quentin-Fallavier (nord de l'Isère, sud-est de la France).
Suivez la situation en direct
Vendredi matin, une explosion a secoué l'usine Air Products. D'après nos informations, la déflagration a été causée par deux individus qui ont foncé en camionnette contre le bâtiment, percutant des bouteilles de gaz. L'explosion a fait au moins deux blessés parmi les employés.
image: http://s1.lemde.fr/image/2015/06/26/534x0/4662589_6_8d97_2015-06-26-e249d3f-23627-1nrdv6q_9b671203dd3787cab9f302f3e3a1a24f.png

Une tête a été retrouvée accrochée au grillage de l'usine, à côté d'un drapeau avec une inscription en arabe. « Mise en scène macabre », selon une source policière proche de l'enquête. Le corps de la victime, qui ne fait pas partie des employés de l'usine, a été retrouvé un peu plus loin.
Un large périmètre de sécurité a été mis en place, les forces de l'ordre ont bouclé la zone industrielle où se trouvent plusieurs usines dites sensibles.
Un des deux assaillants interpellé
Un des deux assaillants a été interpellé par les gendarmes. Placé en garde à vue, il refuse de décliner son identité. Selon nos informations, le deuxième auteur pourrait se trouver parmi les blessés. Des banderoles en arabe, qui n'ont pas encore été expertisées, ont été retrouvées sur place.
Le ministre de l'intérieur, Bernard Cazeneuve, est arrivé sur place. Le section antiterroriste du parquet de Paris a été saisie et se rend sur place également. Une enquête a été ouverte pour « assassinat et tentatives d'assassinats en bande organisée et en relation avec une entreprise terroriste ».
Le premier ministre, Manuel Valls, a ordonné une « vigilance renforcée » sur tous les sites sensibles de Rhône-Alpes. « Suite aux événements de Saint-Quentin Fallavier », « le premier ministre donne l'ordre aux préfets de mobiliser immédiatement les forces de l'ordre pour assurer une vigilance renforcée sur tous les sites sensibles de la région Rhône-Alpes », a-t-on indiqué dans l'entourage du premier ministre actuellement en déplacement en Amérique du Sud.
Le ministre de la défense, Jean-Yves Le Drian, annonce qu'un conseil de défense se réunira ce vendredi à l'Elysée à 15 heures.
Le site de Saint-Quentin Fallavier est classé Seveso « seuil bas ». Cela signifie que l'usine comporte des risques industriels, mais que la quantité de matières dangereuses demeure limitée.

En savoir plus sur http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2015/06/26/un-mort-et-plusieurs-blesses-dans-un-attentat-en-isere_4662489_3224.html#Tcjc4VoqOyhLYXSQ.99

Seems to be another one, among the wounded by the attack (?!)

Executive Summary

Two presumed terrorists rammed a van or small lorry with gas bottles against a factory building
Gendarmes and policemen have cordoned off the area
Arrested man allegedly "unfavourably" known by French intelligence services
Arabic writing on severed head pinned to French factory gates: legal source
Reinforced security at other sensitive (Seveso) sites, sayeth French PM Valls

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

So Tunisia and Kuwait has also been attacked by ISIS today, the Kuwait attack we probably won't here more about as it was on a mosque, but apparently the Tunisian attack was on a tourist hotel and is still ongoing.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Many people dead in Sousse as gunmen attacked tourists on the beach.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 26, 2015, 07:15:19 AM
Many people dead in Sousse as gunmen attacked tourists on the beach.

Reminds me of a Houellebecq book, Plateforme.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

At least 27 dead in the Tunisian hotel, police action still ongoing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

They're mellowing: if had been a McDonalds the building would have been levelled. By hand!

Tonitrus