South Korean Illustrator Gives Iconic Western Fairy Tales an Eastern Makeover

Started by jimmy olsen, June 24, 2015, 11:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 25, 2015, 01:28:39 AM
Also funny how the girl doesn't so much look properly Korean as more akin to modern plastic k pop people

Yup.

Also no such thing as cleavage in traditional Korean clothing.  Boobs get strapped down and hidden away.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2015, 06:32:42 PM
Also funny how the girl doesn't so much look properly Korean as more akin to modern plastic k pop people

Yup.

Also no such thing as cleavage in traditional Korean clothing.  Boobs get strapped down and hidden away.
Isn't that just an art design to indicate that Ursula is evil, the same with her smoking?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 25, 2015, 06:35:16 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2015, 06:32:42 PM

Yup.

Isn't that just an art design to indicate that Ursula is evil, the same with her smoking?

And doesn't explain the Swan lady (and her much nicer cleavage).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2015, 06:36:16 PM
I think it's an art design to give you a boner.
The only character with cleavage is an evil witch. The only women you see on a Korean street showing cleavage is a prostitute. Likewise Korean women do not smoke in public due to the social stigma.

It's quite clear that these are visual signs the artist is using to signal, this is a bad woman.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 25, 2015, 06:45:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2015, 06:36:16 PM
I think it's an art design to give you a boner.
The only character with cleavage is an evil witch. The only women you see on a Korean street showing cleavage is a prostitute. Likewise Korean women do not smoke in public due to the social stigma.

It's quite clear that these are visual signs the artist is using to signal, this is a bad woman.

:contract: