News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quasicommunist nationalism? :unsure:
It's like they're just throwing random bad words together.

It was an optimistic time for sure.
Also weirdly optimistic I find is  cultural output of the 80s-it kept its grim stuff, of which there was also plenty, and its optimism separate and it's optimism was really out there. Whenever I hear electric dreams I shed an internal tear at what will never be.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

How many tabs do you have open on your internet browser *right now*?

I have 21  :Embarrass:

WhatsApp, Discord, Languish, Paradox forums x2, YouTube, Reddit x2, Work email webclient, Boardgamegeek, and then a bunch of tabs of stuff I'm researching for work + tabs of a couple articles I want to read later.

Yes I could use bookmarks, but when I bookmark something I just forget it exists.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2022, 10:06:35 AMHow many tabs do you have open on your internet browser *right now*?

WhatsApp, Discord, Languish, Paradox forums x2, YouTube, Reddit x2, Work email webclient, Boardgamegeek, and then a bunch of tabs of stuff I'm researching for work + tabs of a couple articles I want to read later.

Yes I could use bookmarks, but when I bookmark something I just forget it exists.

:console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2022, 10:06:35 AMHow many tabs do you have open on your internet browser *right now*?

Three at the moment. I also keep a "Morning Links" bookmark folder that I just middle-click at the start of the day. It opens all my common stuff, like Languish, Reddit, etc. in one click. From there, I just close stuff as I've finished with it for the day.

Use bookmarks.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

5 on this computer. Languish, Resetera, Tweetdeck & 2 for a search I just did.

But I use 4 machine on a daily basis. One of them has 20 something tabs, most of them are Azure DevOps pages.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Just two, Languish and a news site.

Zanza

I have two tabs open. This one and Google News. I mainly browse with my phone, rarely with my work laptop, almost never with my gaming PC.

The Larch

I have 4 on a non-work related window and 11 on a work-related one.

Sheilbh

Yeah - 20 plus. More on work laptop :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Where's Berkut at? Does he often do 10 day posting pauses?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 11, 2022, 01:10:13 PMYeah - 20 plus. More on work laptop :ph34r:

Thanks, I needed not to feel too alone/stupid   :hug:

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on December 12, 2022, 02:13:11 AMWhere's Berkut at? Does he often do 10 day posting pauses?
Probably taking his hero's descent into madness very badly.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 12, 2022, 02:24:24 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 12, 2022, 02:13:11 AMWhere's Berkut at? Does he often do 10 day posting pauses?
Probably taking his hero's descent into madness very badly.

What did I do? :blink:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.