News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on December 09, 2022, 03:27:43 AMIf you couldn't afford enough XL condoms, then I'd wager your sex life wasn't quite ruined  :P
I got some. Not quite a 30 year old virgin. But a lot of chances missed and far less than I could have in hindsight. Condoms directly to blame for some incidents and the mental trauma for others. :p
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Just saw a news story (really really grim crime) with a video of the judge's sentencing remarks. I'd not realised they'd started to be broadcast :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

My new neighbours still haven't moved in and it's been 3-4 months now, they've had some minor jobs done on the place during that time.

But currently I'm paying to part heating their house and presumably stop their pipes freezing during this cold weather. :arkestra:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Brain on December 09, 2022, 06:01:03 AMAll these years I thought Jos was just weird but turns out it's BDE.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Damn, The Who just announced a Barcelona tour date  :w00t:

I went to the last concert they had in Spain (their 2015 tour) and they still sounded great, but Daltrey will be 79 for this one  :lol:

Josquius

The world seems to be broken.

Jersey is a place one never hears of. Though two days in a row they've had the leading news story on the BBC  :blink:

BBC News - Three missing after Jersey fishing boat collision
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-63901142

BBC News - One killed in explosion at flats in Jersey
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-63927386

I suspect le French.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I don't think the French even remember Jersey or Guernsey were ever part of Normandy by now.

A very strange and sad coincidence.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2022, 11:17:19 AMI don't think the French even remember Jersey or Guernsey were ever part of Normandy by now.

Wrong! Still claimed as part of Normandy.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 11:19:52 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2022, 11:17:19 AMI don't think the French even remember Jersey or Guernsey were ever part of Normandy by now.

Damn. I keep forgetting how long memories are over there.  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2022, 11:23:48 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 11:19:52 AM

Damn. I keep forgetting how long memories are over there.  :lol:

The fishing rights discussions over UK waters, were specially heated over these islands.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Though tbf, they were hedging their bets:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Pretty scary they were more accurate in predicting the threats.

Syt

The cover is emblematic of the optimism at the time (at least how I experienced it), though. Cold War - over. Middle East and Northern Ireland peace processes well underway. New tech emerging and the internet spreading fast.

Smooth sailing from here on out, right? RIGHT???
—Stephen Jay Gould