News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2022, 08:04:48 AMAnd I think there's a fair amount of pretty shameful behaviour from people in the media/getting him on to do an interview right now. They might not owe him a duty of care or anything like that but it's not on.

It's Alex Jones. That's Tuesday for him.

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2022, 08:04:48 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 02, 2022, 07:56:33 AMAlso, Ye needs help.
Yeah. It feels like if this was a normal person who wasn't incredibly rich and famous his loved ones would have staged an intervention a while ago.

It seems to me that whoever can be called his "family and loved ones" have more or less given up on him, in case there's any of them left around him at this point.

QuoteAnd I think there's a fair amount of pretty shameful behaviour from people in the media/getting him on to do an interview right now. They might not owe him a duty of care or anything like that but it's not on.

This was on Alex Jones' show, hardly a media luminary.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on December 02, 2022, 08:15:20 AMShameful how (non-rhetorical)? Helping him spread his Nazi propaganda?
I think it's just pretty prurient inviting him on. You'll get controversy, but you know what's coming. Although, admittedly Infowars isn't a bastion of journalistic principles.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Btw, what might be closer for West at this point is actually bankruptcy, I think:

QuoteKanye West said the IRS put a $75 million hold on 4 of his accounts because he owes $50 million in taxes

And he's just been ordered to pay something like 200k monthly to Kim Kardashian for child support as part of their divorce

The Brain

Ye had a chance to be remembered for "poop, poop-e-di-scoop", but noooo. It had to be Nazism.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

It seems that, to the faintest and feeblest of credits, West's nazi stuff was even too much for Alex Jones.  :lol:

Syt

I don't know Zachary Fox, but ...

:ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on December 02, 2022, 08:55:06 AMIt seems that, to the faintest and feeblest of credits, West's nazi stuff was even too much for Alex Jones.  :lol:

Yeah it's quite something when Alex Jones becomes the voice of reason in an interview...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2022, 08:18:25 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 02, 2022, 08:15:20 AMShameful how (non-rhetorical)? Helping him spread his Nazi propaganda?
I think it's just pretty prurient inviting him on. You'll get controversy, but you know what's coming. Although, admittedly Infowars isn't a bastion of journalistic principles.

I don't think Infowars needs West to generate controversy and prurient interest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Today I learned that Dua Lipa and Rita Ora are two seperate people.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Josquius on December 02, 2022, 03:52:44 PMToday I learned that Dua Lipa and Rita Ora are two seperate people.

The two different names are a bit of a giveaway.

Eddie Teach

Like Lew Alcinder and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 02, 2022, 07:18:46 PMLike Lew Alcinder and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.  :P

Fuck, he doesn't know that.

:lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure who either Dua Lipa or Rita Ora are.  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on December 03, 2022, 04:20:17 AMTo be honest, I'm not exactly sure who either Dua Lipa or Rita Ora are.  :lol:

They're two British pop singers, both of Albanian Kosovar origin.

Rita Ora

Dua Lipa