News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on November 28, 2022, 08:44:54 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 28, 2022, 08:42:18 AMAh so its more like a sausage than salami then?

Which means it is inferior to these, then: :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_sausages

Don't start fights that you can't win.  :P

Try Hungarian ones, you'll realise your thing has nothing on them. Salamis/sausages and wine are the only two things the country does well.

Josquius

British sausages are the best sausages and that's all there is to it.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2022, 11:17:17 AMBritish sausages are the best sausages and that's all there is to it.

British sausage are half "rusk"  :yucky:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on November 24, 2022, 03:42:19 PM:cheers:

Macedonia drinks less than the Muslim countries. That's interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2022, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Zanza on November 24, 2022, 03:42:19 PM:cheers:

Macedonia drinks less than the Muslim countries. That's interesting.

Alexander would be disappointed
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

As much as I want to dunk on Tamas, Hungary does make the best salami in my experience.

Oexmelin

Quote from: HVC on November 28, 2022, 11:23:28 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2022, 11:17:17 AMBritish sausages are the best sausages and that's all there is to it.

Hacker: By the end of next year we shall be waving goodbye to the good old British sausage and we'll be forced to accept some foreign muck like salami or bratwurst or something in its place
Bernard Woolley: They can't stop us eating the British sausage, can they?
Hacker: They can stop us calling it the sausage though. Apparently it's going to be called the emulsified, high-fat offal tube.
Bernard: And you swallowed it?
(...)
Hacker: The average British sausage consists of 32 1/2% fat, 6 1/2% rind, 20% water, 10% rusk, 5% seasoning, preservatives and coloring, and only 26% meat, which is mostly gristle, head meat, other off cuts, and mechanically recovered meat steamed off the carcass... I... had one... had one for breakfast. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

celedhring

It's impossible to beat some of the salami I tasted in Italy. Anything better than that would have to be qualified as a controlled substance.

Zanza

I had some homemade Hungarian sausage recently and it was really good.

Admiral Yi

Just heard on NPR that monkey pox has been renamed M pox so as not to stigmatize Africans.

Also heard that it was first discovered in research monkeys, which is chilling.

Also that cases have greatly decreased, which is cool.

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 28, 2022, 12:02:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 28, 2022, 11:23:28 AM

Hacker: By the end of next year we shall be waving goodbye to the good old British sausage and we'll be forced to accept some foreign muck like salami or bratwurst or something in its place
Bernard Woolley: They can't stop us eating the British sausage, can they?
Hacker: They can stop us calling it the sausage though. Apparently it's going to be called the emulsified, high-fat offal tube.
Bernard: And you swallowed it?
(...)
Hacker: The average British sausage consists of 32 1/2% fat, 6 1/2% rind, 20% water, 10% rusk, 5% seasoning, preservatives and coloring, and only 26% meat, which is mostly gristle, head meat, other off cuts, and mechanically recovered meat steamed off the carcass... I... had one... had one for breakfast. 

:D    :bowler:

Thanks Oxy, brought back fond memories of that series.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I never thought of salami or bratwurst as "foreign".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas