Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Very few points for Ukraine from the professional judges - bought by Putin <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2022, 05:09:20 PMVery few points for Ukraine from the professional judges - bought by Putin <_<

They'll get a gazillion popular votes at the end, like Gryffindor in any Harry Potter film.

Sheilbh

What happened to Azerbaijan? Don't think I've ever seen them have to get votes from the Eurovision guy before :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 14, 2022, 05:10:59 PMThey'll get a gazillion popular votes at the end, like Gryffindor in any Harry Potter film.
Yeah. May have voted on the app a few times for Ukraine (also but less for Spain, Serbia and France :blush:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

From BBC culture reporter :o
QuoteChris Gibson
@ChrisGibsonNews
Breaking - @EBU_HQ
 says "irregular voting patterns were identified in the results of six countries."

Edit: The press statement - maybe the countries where they're not doing a live feed? Is there no vote Putin won't meddle with?
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Funny how they have more rigorous  voting standards then many countries :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Thank God for the public vote - 439 points to Ukraine (which is on average more than 10 per country meaning they basically came first or second everywhere).
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

It's the first time I vote for Eurovision in like 10 years or so  :lol:

Surprised by Spain's good result, I think the song is generic as they come, but hey. The on-stage show was decent, i guess.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2022, 05:59:25 PMThank God for the public vote - 439 points to Ukraine (which is on average more than 10 per country meaning they basically came first or second everywhere).

Moldova I think finished second in public vote? Public always goes for sympathy/meme votes and we're all better for it.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on May 14, 2022, 06:06:51 PMSurprised by Spain's good result, I think the song is generic as they come, but hey. The on-stage show was decent, i guess.
Here it hit the perfect spot of being "one for the dads" and beloved by gays - so yeah, the choreo was great :lol:

QuoteMoldova I think finished second in public vote? Public always goes for sympathy/meme votes and we're all better for it.  :lol:
I think so - Serbia too did amazingly with the public. I love that the public, rightly, punished all the ballads. It's not what we're for and we won't put up with it. We want bangers and mad shit.

Edit: And from a UK perspective a great result - no better country to lose to than Ukraine.. Plus we've seen what a difference entering a decent song by someone who doesn't think he's above it all makes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Well done, public of Europe.

I liked the Ukraine frontman's simple "thank you for supporting Ukraine" comment. Acknowledges they know why they won without overexplaining.

Sheilbh

Yeah out of a maximum of 468 votes, they got 431 (misheard earlier).

Edit: And Zelensky's post on Instagram about it:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2022, 06:11:08 PMI love that the public, rightly, punished all the ballads.

I did a mental fist-pump when Switzerland got 0 votes.  :P

Josquius

Guess some in the UK are quite annoyed they finally get a winner and it's on the year Ukraine really has to win.
I think I remember hearing the UK song on the radio and it was OK?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2022, 06:13:15 PMI liked the Ukraine frontman's simple "thank you for supporting Ukraine" comment. Acknowledges they know why they won without overexplaining.
Also on that absolutely lovely that he said that, then "slava Ukraini" and the crowd replied with "heroyam slava". Just a lovely moment and result:
https://twitter.com/StratcomCentre/status/1525627333738110978?s=20&t=EodymG-Ss6yoN3jUXn7_OQ
Let's bomb Russia!