News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://twitter.com/wxixp/status/1307914762118815744

Quotesaw a Tiktok that said, what would you do if there were no men on earth for 24 hours.. here was the comment section

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

These women must live in a nice area if guys can walk around freely at night with zero concerns.

Though I suppose benefit of the doubt the people that guys should look out for on night walks will largely also vanish in this event so, whatever.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 28, 2020, 03:06:47 AM
These women must live in a nice area if guys can walk around freely at night with zero concerns.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on September 28, 2020, 03:06:47 AM

Though I suppose benefit of the doubt the people that guys should look out for on night walks will largely also vanish in this event so, whatever.

The point of the exercise was to say what would they do if there were no men around for a day, so these are things they don't feel safe to do at the moment. :P

Although I'd say what's the point of a mini skirt without men? :P To look good for other ladies?

The Brain

Where would I be? And would I have oxygen? Exploring space for a day sounds nice.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Yeah, wonder why so many want to dress sexy instead of comfortable in this scenario.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 28, 2020, 04:07:39 AM
Yeah, wonder why so many want to dress sexy instead of comfortable in this scenario.

Because maybe it's not all for the benefit of men?  :huh:

Threviel

I remember a lecture once that put forth the idea that the night life is far more dangerous for men than women. More incidents with more brutal violence towards men than women leaving the men with more lasting physical damages. The difference was also in kind, violence towards women were far more often sexual whilst towards men it was more pure violence.

This was in 2003 or so, I don't know if something has happened since.

Tamas

IDK I think I would feel much less safe alone out in the night as a woman.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 28, 2020, 05:36:51 AM
Agreed.

But I think there's similar stats in London that young men are most likely group to be victims (and perepetrators) of attacks. I just think the nature of the attack against women is likely to be so much worse than a mugging or young man getting beat up.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on September 28, 2020, 04:10:56 AM

Because maybe it's not all for the benefit of men?  :huh:

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 28, 2020, 05:47:54 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 28, 2020, 05:36:51 AM
Agreed.

But I think there's similar stats in London that young men are most likely group to be victims (and perepetrators) of attacks. I just think the nature of the attack against women is likely to be so much worse than a mugging or young man getting beat up.

It also highlights that both men and women should fear men.

Admiral Yi

I agree it's counterintuitive.  Men certainly wouldn't jump at the chance to get all sexied up if they were free from women.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2020, 05:58:52 AM
I agree it's counterintuitive.  Men certainly wouldn't jump at the chance to get all sexied up if they were free from women.
Some of us dress well for ourselves :P

I also think that's becoming more common. Young men seem a lot more creative and enjoying fashion now than they did when I was a good thing. Which I think is a good thing. I think fashion is a bit like male friendship or, you know, emotions in that it kind of got killed off by anxiety about seeming gay, but is now returning now the straights have chilled the fuck out :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2020, 05:58:52 AM

But generally society doesn't put a lot of pressure on men to look good. Beauty and fashion are skewed heavily toward female customers.