News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2020, 01:20:59 PM
Hey Languish I just wanted to let you know my family has just had a personal tragedy and my 3 month old nephew passed away last night suddenly. I will probably be away for awhile. Love you guys.

Sorry to hear that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

I'm staying with my daughter this week, and she has been making me French-press coffee every morning.

There's no question that I'm sort of the exact opposite of a coffee snob, but honestly, I'm not noticing much of a difference between this and the coffee from my drip pot. :unsure: Is my palate that unrefined?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

What do you put in your coffee?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2020, 08:43:13 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2020, 08:42:46 AM

Cream and Stevia

I find that sugar (or fake sugar) is the great coffee equalizer. Brings down great coffee, brings up bad coffee.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

That's some profound shit Renard.  I agree.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2020, 08:45:41 AM

Cream and Stevia

I find that sugar (or fake sugar) is the great coffee equalizer. Brings down great coffee, brings up bad coffee.

Hmm. Tomorrow I'll leave off the stevia and see if that makes a difference.

Tamas

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2020, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2020, 08:45:41 AM

Cream and Stevia

Hmm. Tomorrow I'll leave off the stevia and see if that makes a difference.

IMHO sugar or sweetener absolutely ruin coffee. As Grey Confucius Fox said it can help bad coffee but if you want to taste the actual coffee, you need to drink it black.

merithyn

Yes, yes. Black coffee is the only "true" coffee.  :rolleyes:

I like the taste of coffee, but on its own, it's too bitter. Hence the creamer and sweetener. I'll try it, but I make no promises that I'll stick with it.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2020, 09:07:09 AM
Yes, yes. Black coffee is the only "true" coffee.  :rolleyes:

I like the taste of coffee, but on its own, it's too bitter. Hence the creamer and sweetener. I'll try it, but I make no promises that I'll stick with it.

I generally also use milk and Splenda. But it does indeed mute differences in coffee quality. When I want to taste a difference, I skip them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

I'm not at all a coffee snob either, but I've never found any value in adding a sweetener.  Just some oat milk (credit to Sheilbh!) is more than sufficient to make the bitter nastiness into something pleasant.

Admiral Yi

I will admit to adding sugar to espresso.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 08, 2020, 09:40:55 AM
I'm not at all a coffee snob either, but I've never found any value in adding a sweetener.  Just some oat milk (credit to Sheilbh!) is more than sufficient to make the bitter nastiness into something pleasant.

Some people like sweeter things. :secret:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

We Spaniards have turned adding milk to make shit coffee palatable into a cultural cornerstone.

I prefer it black and without sugar, nonetheless.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2020, 09:43:35 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 08, 2020, 09:40:55 AM

Some people like sweeter things. :secret:

Oh I don't knock that aspect...I'm a huge sweet tooth in many other ways.  It just doesn't go well with coffee for me.

Unless you're adding in chocolate.  :sleep: