News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2019, 03:17:44 PM
Aside from that, with modern media and the internet, it is less important than ever to travel in order to get new perspectives.

That's not true. You get new perspectives by talking and living with other people, not pictures or videos on the internet.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on April 23, 2019, 05:59:26 PM
That's not true. You get new perspectives by talking and living with other people, not pictures or videos on the internet.

What an interesting perspective.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2019, 06:08:03 PM

Indeed; no one's learnt anything off of anyone else on Languish in a dozen years.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2019, 03:17:44 PM
Aside from that, with modern media and the internet, it is less important than ever to travel in order to get new perspectives.

I find people are pretty much the same everywhere. But then again I generally dislike people.  :)

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2019, 06:08:03 PM

What about that girl you saw in Marseille's port? Would you have gotten the same feeling seeing her in a picture or documentary?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on April 24, 2019, 03:15:13 AM
What about that girl you saw in Marseille's port? Would you have gotten the same feeling seeing her in a picture or documentary?

There are a multitude of benefits to physically visiting another place.  Unfortunately, you picked one that left you vulnerable to being punked.  :D

derspiess

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46326/vegan-restaurant-charged-men-18-more-women-closing-ashe-schow

QuoteA restaurant that declared it would charge men 18% more than women for the same service will close its doors at the end of the month.

Womp, womp.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Well isn't that a shame?

Hey is the gender earnings gap actually down to 82? Nice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I've been to 5 Canadian Provinces & 5 American states. Weird.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2019, 08:20:01 AM
I've been to 5 Canadian Provinces & 5 American states. Weird.

I've been to 4 Canadian provinces!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I have been to zero Canadian provinces!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I am both deprived of Canada and deficient in English