The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I think Claritin season is upon me.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2018, 11:29:34 AM

Yeah, my kid has been suffering.  Have to give him eye drops and Flonase like crazy.  First 2-3 weeks of baseball season are hell for him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I've been daily on zyrtec for a couple weeks now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote"Tesla continues to benefit from solid market acceptance of Models S and X, which collectively hold over a third of the U.S. luxury market," Moody's says

From DJ Newswire.  That seemed awfully high to me.  Does it jibe with what y'all see?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2018, 12:21:39 PM
Quote"Tesla continues to benefit from solid market acceptance of Models S and X, which collectively hold over a third of the U.S. luxury market," Moody's says

From DJ Newswire.  That seemed awfully high to me.  Does it jibe with what y'all see?

If "luxury" means "cars that cost six figures" then maybe.  But Tesla sure isn't competing with entry level models from BMW, Lexus and the like.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2018, 12:21:39 PM

I've seen 2 Teslas out in the wild. Both at doctors offices.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Today I learned : that tide pod challenge thing started as a joke on YouTube.
Last year fewer people died from eating laundry pods than in previous years.
The whole thing is manufactured
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2018, 11:29:34 AM

It's starting with me. I was out today for a while, mowing the lawn and yard work but did ok with allergies. But it made me remember that it's time to start taking the allergy meds. Usually I only need to until mid/late June and then I'm mostly ok. I think by then the pollen is mostly gone and mowing the lawn doesn't bother me by then. Come to think of it, last year I was ok mowing the lawn where in previous years I wore a mask, else I'd really get hit hard. Maybe mowed grass doesn't bother me so much anymore as I was ok today too.  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Pretty gynormous storm cell headed my way.  This might the big one!

dps

Quote from: Tyr on May 02, 2018, 06:13:14 PM
Today I learned : that tide pod challenge thing started as a joke on YouTube.
Last year fewer people died from eating laundry pods than in previous years.
The whole thing is manufactured

Of course they're manufactured.  You didn't think they grew from trees, did you?

;)

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2018, 07:27:05 PM
Pretty gynormous storm cell headed my way.  This might the big one!

How bad was it.  Looks like some of it is heading our way.  Hopefully we can get a baseball game in this evening before it pours.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2018, 08:23:46 AM
How bad was it.  Looks like some of it is heading our way.  Hopefully we can get a baseball game in this evening before it pours.

Big let down.  After three AMBER alerts all I got was some hail.  No tornadoes, no big winds, no lightning.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2018, 10:49:44 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2018, 08:23:46 AM

Big let down.  After three AMBER alerts all I got was some hail.  No tornadoes, no big winds, no lightning.

Forecast has gone from 10% chance of rain to 90% chance when the skies got all dark, but all we got was a few drops.  Now the sky's a little brighter and chance of rain back down to 15%

Cincy is a weird place for weather.  In theory to come up with a forecast you should be able to just look west to see what the deep Midwest got the day before.  But the river plus all the hills in the immediate vicinity tend to divert or break up weather patterns.  A couple communities away, they can get all sorts of rain and flash flood warnings, yet barely a drop where I live-- or vice-versa.

Josquius

Sickeningly cute thing of the day.
My friend's sister has a shitzu.
His daughter calls it a poo sue.
Because she knows that she is not allowed to say shit.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

:lol:  Too cute, and good on her for it. 

My kids would exploit the loophole for all it's worth.