News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I've heard that one shouldn't take one's meals with Texas. True or false?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

From a NYT review of two books about space entrepreneurs, Jeff Bezos is constructing on his Texas ranch a "clock of the long now" that has a century hand and a cuckoo that comes out every millennium.

Eddie Teach

Look on his works, ye Mighty, and despair.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

So according to the my data section on twitter, these are my interests that it's picked up on/deduced:

Interests from Twitter

These are some of the interests matched to you based on your profile and activity. You can adjust them if something doesn't look right.

Action and adventure Action sports Alternative Animation Business and news Cartoons Celebrity fan and gossip Cell phones Comedy Comedy Computer gaming Console gaming Cycling Cycling DJs Dance Drama Electronic Fashion Gaming news and general info Hip hop and rap Indie spotlight Latino Metal Mobile Mobile gaming Mountain biking Movie news and general info Movies / Tv / Radio Music Music festivals and concerts Music news and general info News / Politics Olympics Online gaming Photography Politics and current events Pop R&B and soul Reality TV Rock Romance Sci-fi and fantasy Science news Soccer Sporting events Sporting goods Sports news Sports themed Tablets Tech news Technology World

Though it's 'nice' of them to give me the option of un-selecting some.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

How active are you on Twitter?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 29, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

What the fuck kind of name is Bysshe?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on April 30, 2018, 03:16:50 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 29, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

What the fuck kind of name is Bysshe?

It's a dyslexic spelling of the name "Bush."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 30, 2018, 12:48:43 PM
How active are you on Twitter?

Minimally, I guess those 53 categories are all of the ones they use and Twitter are expecting me to un-tick some for them as being non-interests.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

We always knew you were about celebrity gossip.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I just looked at my Twitter data. For age they have me as 13-54 and >65. :hmm:

Under location, I've been two places: London and Aberdeen. I've never been to Aberdeen...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

Well, both are technically accurate, but not very informative.

QuoteUnder location, I've been two places: London and Aberdeen. I've never been to Aberdeen...

Scotland or Maryland?

Josquius

Under location, I've been two places: London and Aberdeen. I've never been to Aberdeen...

You fit the profile if an Aberdeen person?
Fond of deep fried Mars bars?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: dps on April 30, 2018, 05:42:12 PM

Well, both are technically accurate, but not very informative.

That's greater than 65 not less than.

Quote from: dps on April 30, 2018, 05:42:12 PM
QuoteUnder location, I've been two places: London and Aberdeen. I've never been to Aberdeen...

Scotland or Maryland?
My point holds for both. :P

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2018, 02:01:30 AM

You fit the profile if an Aberdeen person?
Fond of deep fried Mars bars?

No, I don't think so. I wonder also if location is something more recent as my account was started in New York and I still follow a bunch of NYC accounts but I guess that's not relevant?

Eddie Teach

Have you ever tried deep fried Mars bars? That sounds interesting.