News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

garbon would look terrible in a beret.  Doesn't have the facial structure for it.

garbon

And to think that I offered to share my home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You're more of a fedora guy.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2017, 04:48:12 PM
You’re more of a fedora guy.

He lives in the UK now, so I guess a bowler would be the appropriate headgear for him these days.  But I agree that he'd probably look better in a fedora.

Tonitrus

It's starting to get rather sad seeing all of these municipalities offering to whore themselves out to Amazon in the most blatant ways.

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 21, 2017, 03:18:54 AM
It's starting to get rather sad seeing all of these municipalities offering to whore themselves out to Amazon in the most blatant ways.

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I doubt they're looking to move to Sweden.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I'm currently in zug train station.
Zug is German for train.
Train train station.
I like this
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

So Warcraft orcs are saying "train train" all the time?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I thought that "zug" was the German word for "platoon".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

The word Zug is used in several completely different unrelated meanings actually.

CountDeMoney

Christ, I cannot wait for it to get cold fast enough.  Unfortunately it postpones their deaths, but it'll force all these fucking asschimps to put their motorcycles away for the season.

Ed Anger

The high is supposed to be 49 Tuesday. MUH JOINTS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on October 22, 2017, 01:49:29 AM
The word Zug is used in several completely different unrelated meanings actually.

I was curious.  Apparently the different meanings of the German word "zug" are related coming from some ancient word meaning to "pull" or "lead".  It's related to the English words "drag", "tug", "duke", and "team".  So Eddie is probably on to something.  Orcish is likely a Indo-European language, and the when the orcs say "zug zug", they are indicating a desire for the player to lead them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

German is such a lovely language. :wub:

My gf speaks it fluently and it's hot af :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.