And we're back!

Main Menu

150 years ago today

Started by Valmy, June 18, 2015, 10:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 19, 2015, 10:03:43 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 19, 2015, 09:01:57 AM
and 200 years later, you still haven't solved your problems.

Cause we're still stuck with francophones: thanks to frenchies meddling in 1830.

Ah, I don't think it is fair.  If you haven't reached independance yet, it's because lots of your compatriots don't see the point to it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: viper37 on June 19, 2015, 11:03:43 AM

Cause we're still stuck with francophones: thanks to frenchies meddling in 1830.

Ah, I don't think it is fair.  If you haven't reached independance yet, it's because lots of your compatriots don't see the point to it.
more because they've got Stockholmsyndrome, but the end result is the same.

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 19, 2015, 10:01:30 AM
After -of course- stealing another sizeable piece of what is today Flanders. Cause that is what France does: stealing land in attempt to reach the Rhine and it's "natural borders".
One has to admire him though: being an official of a thorougly beaten country and still trying to expand. Balls of steel.

France was thoroughly beaten in 1830? :unsure:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Britain and Prussia also meddled. Everybody meddled. Yes a major strategic piece of land in Europe was up for grabs and literally nobody cared except France. Yeah. Sure.

The French did not want you stuck with the Francophones. They wanted the Francophones.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 19, 2015, 11:03:43 AM

Indeed. Everybody is mixed up now and there is that European Union thing so everybody is supposed to be happy Europeans and all that.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2015, 10:49:31 AM
Happy Juneteenth!  :cheers:

At least someone brought it up.  This is why we need Seedy.  Most of you are no better the Dylann Roof.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2015, 03:04:36 PM
At least someone brought it up.  This is why we need Seedy.  Most of you are no better the Dylann Roof.

The whole point of the thread was to celebrate Junteenth :unsure:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2015, 11:22:06 AM

Yep. Well actually it is for the next day June 19th when said New Yorker issued his General Order No. 3 for the reconstruction of Texas:

Still working on that, I hope.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2015, 03:16:30 PM
Juneteenth is the 19th.

Yes I explained that in this thread and quoted the relevant historical document. There is a picture of the dude who issued it. What did you want?

Razgovory

I didn't know what you on about.  I thought it was some sort of Texas capitulation day or something.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2015, 04:12:19 PM
I didn't know what you on about.  I thought it was some sort of Texas capitulation day or something.

That was the joke Raz. This was a 150th Anniversary of Junteenth thread that got hijacked by Euros.