Treasury Department to Put a Woman on the $10 Bill in 2020

Started by jimmy olsen, June 17, 2015, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

What the fuck is this shit? Hamilton laid the foundation for the federal treasury and you replace him instead of Andrew Jackson who flouted the Supreme Court and carried out ethnic cleansing! :ultra: :ultra::ultra:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/treasury-put-woman-10-bill-n377311
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

QuoteBut the Treasury said it chose the $10 bill instead because it's overdue for a redesign, attributable in part to the ease with which it can be counterfeited.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

This is unfair to the Federalists! I demand they remove Jefferson from the nickel!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on June 17, 2015, 10:37:06 PM
Woman on the $10, MLK on the $20  :cool:

We will only be allowed to have Presidents on money in the future. The woman will be Hillary Clinton :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

I say we get rid of humans from the bills and celebrate America's other fauna. Buffalo, coyotes, eagles, turkeys, cougars, etc.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2015, 10:20:40 PM
What the fuck is this shit? Hamilton laid the foundation for the federal treasury and you replace him instead of Andrew Jackson who flouted the Supreme Court and carried out ethnic cleansing! :ultra: :ultra: :ultra:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/treasury-put-woman-10-bill-n377311
if you lack female figures, I can suggest one:

See Canadians have no problem finding important female figure that truly contributed to Canada's history to put on their money.  And by 2020, that requirement about living person might not be a problem.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 17, 2015, 10:58:14 PM
I say we get rid of humans from the bills and celebrate America's other fauna. Buffalo, coyotes, eagles, turkeys, cougars, etc.

Better yet, do what Hong Kong does.  Outsource the whole note printing operation to private banks.  They bear all the costs, and get free advertisement.  They can put their stuff on the money.

Valmy

Oh how I would love to see Citi and Bank of America logos all over our money.

Tonitrus

There is probably a secret Treasury rule that the irony of Jackson's mug on a Federal Reserve note must be maintained.

Barrister

I wholeheartedly recommend putting Liz II on American currency. :menace:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2015, 12:45:37 AM
I wholeheartedly recommend putting Liz II on American currency. :menace:
I'm fine with it as long we're forming a North American superstate. ^_^
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

If Canada annexed the U.S., that might be one way to keep NDP from winning!

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 18, 2015, 12:51:07 AM
If Canada annexed the U.S., that might be one way to keep NDP from winning!

I'm listening...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2015, 11:39:14 PM
Oh how I would love to see Citi and Bank of America logos all over our money.

HSBC logos have been on our money for over a century :contract: